VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   Items Wanted - AUTO (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Alfa engine adaptor (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1591319)

dc66 05-02-2020 08:20 PM

Alfa engine adaptor
 
Hi
I'm after an adaptor kit to put an alfasud flat 4 onto a irs vw gearbox

What's about?

lukej 05-02-2020 08:48 PM

My dad had a sud engine in a beach buggy years ago. I'll ask if any of it remains.

dc66 05-02-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukej (Post 16581727)
My dad had a sud engine in a beach buggy years ago. I'll ask if any of it remains.

Thanks

dc66 09-02-2020 09:21 AM

Anyone got one tucked away for a rainy day? It's raining!

lukej 09-02-2020 09:35 PM

Sorry DC, he's sold everything on many moons ago and little recollection of where he got the adapter from.

dc66 26-02-2020 10:40 PM

Sick of tripping over that hunk of alfa adapter? Send me a pm...

dc66 03-03-2020 10:55 PM

Go on, make my day, sell me your adapter!

dc66 22-03-2020 12:21 AM

My alfa engine keeps falling off my gearbox. I think an adaptor kit will help.....

pedalcarjoe 22-03-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc66 (Post 16586937)
My alfa engine keeps falling off my gearbox. I think an adaptor kit will help.....

that might do the trick :)

a bit of a long shot, drop veedweeb aka Steve a pm

skip*rat 22-03-2020 02:23 PM

Judging by your bodywork and fabrication skills I'm sure that's something you could make?
Looking at the pictures of them online you could mock one up in MDF copy both bolt patterns and go from there
And if theirs a shortage there will be demand so making a batch would be an option

Still think you should have stayed with wasser though :)

http://www.gerrelt.nl/modifications-...eo-engine.html

dc66 28-03-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip*rat (Post 16586983)
Judging by your bodywork and fabrication skills I'm sure that's something you could make?
Looking at the pictures of them online you could mock one up in MDF copy both bolt patterns and go from there
And if theirs a shortage there will be demand so making a batch would be an option

Still think you should have stayed with wasser though :)

http://www.gerrelt.nl/modifications-...eo-engine.html

I have thought about making my own, but it's not just the adapter plate, it's a modified flywheel and gearbox input shaft (on some kits).
I have found a UK company who will make me one, but I'd prefer to save a bit of money if I can :lol:

mikelkca 03-04-2020 04:15 PM

ive got everything you need plus an engine ,trying to get it from where its stashed is proving difficult though (present situation making even harder):(

dc66 04-04-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelkca (Post 16589869)
ive got everything you need plus an engine ,trying to get it from where its stashed is proving difficult though (present situation making even harder):(

Keep me in mind then if you can get to it.
I don't need the engine, but then I often buy stuff I don't need :lol:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.