VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   Multimedia Forum (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   F1 2019 (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1585471)

Last Triumph 16-03-2019 07:17 PM

F1 2019

So I forced myself to watch the qualifying and ended up surfing the net with it on in the background.

No drama, no spectacle, nothing to hold my interest and the Mercs are at the front of the grid by a huge margin.

Yawn.

After 27 years of never missing a single qualifying or race, I think this will be the season F1 loses me.

:(

mickB 17-03-2019 10:55 AM

Well it was on sky1 channel, glad I didn't and will not pay and extra 32 a month for sky f1 channel
Race was well yea predictable

Last Triumph 17-03-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickB (Post 16532439)
Well it was on sky1 channel, glad I didn't and will not pay and extra 32 a month for sky f1 channel
Race was well yea predictable

Very little overtaking, very little drama and large quantities of money and resource consumed in the process.

I'll admit the fastest lap angle at the end kept my eyes on the screen for about 3 minutes, but the rest was effectively just background commentary whilst I did other stuff.

Th engine noise is still a big factor for me and the lack of overtaking is no better despite all the tweaking and new wings etc.

I'll give it a few more races then likely give up and just maybe catch the odd highlights show if things don't improve.

Grahamini 19-03-2019 12:52 PM

It was very boring after the first couple of corners. The fastest lap thing was ok, but a bit false in my opinion. Really hope it's not going to be another Mercedes walk over this year. Also, bring back Ted's Notebook !

mickB 01-04-2019 01:16 PM

Actually enjoyed that race, plenty to watch, leclerc is a future champion, plenty mid pack cars similar in pace, mclarens up there, Renault loosing both cars time poor riciardo does he regret his move I wonder, only spoiler was hamiltosser winning by default

clarkson 02-04-2019 06:38 AM

I watched Melbourne, it was meh. I just haven't got 2 hours to waste on the next one.

Grahamini 03-04-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickB (Post 16535347)
Actually enjoyed that race, plenty to watch, leclerc is a future champion, plenty mid pack cars similar in pace, mclarens up there, Renault loosing both cars time poor riciardo does he regret his move I wonder, only spoiler was hamiltosser winning by default

At least Hamilton acknowledged he was gifted the win I suppose. Leclerc was amazing though. It looked like Vettel just couldn't cope with him.

mickB 14-04-2019 07:37 AM

I take it back this race is just boring

Grahamini 14-04-2019 08:09 AM

It's not a good showcase for race 1000. Other than the Vettel / Verstappen tussle it's been bit quiet.
edit: Merc even had time to double stack in the pit stops and still cruise to another 1- 2 finish !

simondo 14-04-2019 10:15 PM

Going by current reviews, I am pleased I have not watched any yet.