VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Part to full time vacancy opening up in a few months. (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=506733)

yoda 21-11-2008 01:02 AM

Hi guys
I would be intrested in what you have to offer.I am moving to North Yorkshire in a couple of weeks and will be looking work once settled in.I am ata registered and also experiance in drag racing crewing for a super gas team.Yoda

automanics 21-11-2008 11:41 AM

Where are you moving to?

yoda 21-11-2008 03:12 PM

Glaisdale about 6 miles from Whitby.

automanics 21-11-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda (Post 5299943)
Glaisdale about 6 miles from Whitby.

That's the best part of 2 hours from here, a bit far to commute i would have thought. :)

yoda 22-11-2008 12:33 AM

Yeah google maped it bit further than i thought.Thanks for the reply any way.Good luck with finding someone, if you dont fill the place and i have not found a job in the new year may be worth having a chat?
be lucky Yoda.......

deano35 22-11-2008 11:22 AM

hi dont know if i would have enough experiance in what you are looking for but i have been and work around cars from been a kid i worked at the local jag garage in snaith a.w.hannah and son doing general maintance serviceing welding engine and gearbox changing but not so much rebuilds but i do learn pretty quick and went to collage and did welding when i left school hope you find some one i will get round to doing this one day i hope but at 36 am pushing it lol

nay 30-11-2008 11:25 AM

i may be interested as this is my dream job..ive been into aircooled vw's for over twenty years and have done just about everything,im currently restoring my 23 window samba,i have a degree in mechanical engineering and can mig,tig and arc weld...yes i am about 2 hours away near chesterfield but would be willing to travel i do have another part time job for a friend and could quite easily tie this in,and if it works out my family and i would be more than willing to relocate as its somthing we have spoke about...and in the present climate and job situation it does seem like an ideal time.and if im honest ive had a part of me hidden away longing to have the money to be involved in vwdrc..nathan..oh and just noticed my saphire blue panel on your web site gallery..i do miss it.

automanics 30-11-2008 04:58 PM

Jim had the van in or a few jobs, what did you do to it while you owned it?

Tommy D 30-11-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automanics (Post 5277073)
I would imagine it's a good 2 - 2 1/2 hours from Manchester to here, bit far to commute. :)

depends if the price is right ;)

nay 30-11-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automanics (Post 5335233)
Jim had the van in or a few jobs, what did you do to it while you owned it?

engine and box in and sourced loads of little bits like wiring,lights,dropped spindles,tyres.cables,fuel tank and sender,voltage dropper and fuel gauge.but it was only the minor bits..a lot of it was already done in the states...