VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Part to full time vacancy opening up in a few months. (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=506733)

automanics 14-11-2008 09:43 AM

Part to full time vacancy opening up in a few months.

I will need someone experienced in all aspects of air cooled VWs. (other vehicle experience would be a bonus)

The position will be part time to start with, hours to suit both sides, we cover everything from changing spark plugs to building full race cars (VW and non VW) with some non vehicle related fabrication thrown in when the yocals require it. :)

Attitude is far more important than qualifications and training will be given on the job where necassery.

Would prefer someone interested in racing as could involve working on our own race vehicles and crewing at race meets.

RUSS74GHIA 14-11-2008 12:27 PM

Ken,

If you ever think about moving your operation to Kent, I'm your man.

dan stephen 14-11-2008 12:38 PM

where are you in yorks

ianbott 14-11-2008 06:15 PM

Would love to do something like this, always fancied being a mechanic but never followed up on any dreams!
PM if you like and i can fill you in with what i know and dont know.
Thanks Ian.

automanics 14-11-2008 06:34 PM

I'm near Hornsea, East Yorkshire.

[email protected] 15-11-2008 03:14 PM

i would really love a job like this. how far are you from manchester? i am half way through my n.v.q l2 weldeing and fab course at the local college ( mon,tues.wed ) but i am also not bad working with engines and i am also a qulified spaypainter. i wouldn't mind travelling a couple off days a week? let me know if i have a chance or ur intrested. cheers.

automanics 15-11-2008 08:02 PM

I would imagine it's a good 2 - 2 1/2 hours from Manchester to here, bit far to commute. :)

haddock_n_chips 17-11-2008 11:49 AM

Wow i'd love a job like this! Unfortunately i only have limited knowledge of cars at the mo but im looking at getting a qualification in vehicle maintenance. Any advice? I was looking at apprenticeships but im 26 and most places wont take anyone over 24 :incheek:

I owned a beetle for a few years so had to learn pretty quick how to fix a few thing and me current rocco is keeping me on my toes too! there is always something to fix! Hopefully one day i will have enough knowledge to whip out the old 8v engine and whack in the 16v it deserves!

woody 18-11-2008 02:33 AM

;)

automanics 18-11-2008 11:02 AM

I need someone with experience really, already got one guy here being trained, need someone who can get on with the basics at least without too much supervision. :)

The more time i have to spend training/supervising staff the longer it'll be before you get your big beasty back! ;)