What a start to the 2019 / 2020 Premiership Footie season :eek:

2 games in and 10 goals already

Liverpool start off with a 4 -1 home win

but Manchester City go one better with a 0 - 5 away win

that is a pretty impressive start

#286 ·
Liverpool v Everton (FA Cup) Derby today! :eek:

How you feeling about it Alfie? :D

I think Klopp will play a bunch of the kids today - Everton's chance the break that 20 year hoodoo?

Let's hope it's more exciting than the Wolves v Mancs game yesterday - that could have sent a glass eye to sleep. :D

#287 ·
How you feeling about it Alfie? :D
First half we were pretty good, just failed to take our chances :rolleyes:

God knows what happened in the second half, we were awful. Spent far too much time passing the ball around on the edge of our own box which put us under pressure, and passed way too many balls back to Pickford.

A) sometimes you just need to put your foot through the ball, clear it up the field and regroup ready to go again and B) we need to put the ball up the other end of the pitch.

There was a real lack of urgency for Everton, there was still a good 20 minutes left to play after we conceded, the players just seemed to give up all hope and seemed resigned to losing at that point. We need to develop a real winning mentality, if Ancelotti can't install it, then we should just call it a day and give the ladies team the ground and shut the mens team down.

Whoever told Morgan Schniederlin that he could be a professional footballer needs to be shot alongside whoever decided signing him for Everton would be a good idea. He's awful, he really is nicking a career as a footballer.

On the Brightside (for Liverpool), a couple of those kids are going to be really good players.

The fear of playing Liverpool continues for Everton :(

#293 ·
THFC v LFC - Mourinho versus Liverpool - expect time wasting and 'breaking up the flow of the game' from the start from Spurs, then.

I think Moussa Sissoko is a bigger loss to Spurs than Lord Harry - they still have the lightning quick Moura, Alli and Son in attack.

I'm still (slightly) nervous about this one.

:)

#292 ·
This weekend's games . . .

Sheffield United v West Ham

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Chelsea v Burnley

Everton v Brighton

Leicester City v Southampton

Manchester United v Norwich

Wolves v Newcastle

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sky

Bournemouth v Watford Sky

Aston Villa v Manchester City

#300 ·
This weekend's fixtures . . .

Watford v Spurs

Arsenal v Sheff United

Brighton v Aston Villa

Manchester City v Crystal Palace

Norwich v AFC Bournemouth

Southampton v Wolves

West Ham v Everton

Newcastle v Chelsea

Burnley v Leicester

Including the big one . . .

Liverpool v Manchester United

:eek: :D

#302 ·
I think United will do ok, they tend to play better against the bigger teams that actually come out and play. They lack a decent playmaker that can unlock teams that sit deep and Liverpool definitely don't sit deep.

I'm an temporary United fan this weekend, I know Liverpool are going to win the league, I just don't want them to go unbeaten all season :lol:

#312 ·
Liverpool v that team from down the M62 or **** as it appears when you post it!.
I saw the first half at my mates where the camera closed in on the 'M-an U' managers' face and they were 1-0 down and you could see him thinking "Ohhh f#ck! we're gonna lose this and then we'll have to walk to Lime Street to get the train home 'cos them f#ckin' scousers will have the coach up on bricks again with all the wheels missing! :lol:
Mo getting the 2nd in the last 90 seconds or so made it for me even though I was only looking at a tv screen with a list of players and stats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.