VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales - View Single Post - Introduction - Lancaster Insurance
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
karmannghia
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (3)

Fellow VW owners. Please click on the reviews below before talking insurance out with Lancaster. You can decide for yourself then if you want them to have your money.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews103987.html

I must say having been completely screwed by Lancaster insurance this last week I'm unable to recommend.

After taking out a policy and having had the car just less than 2 months they slapped a 70 cancelation fee plus a 15 broker cancelation fee. The car died so it was sold for spares.

The policy for the full year cost 250 and I ended up paying 152 to cancel. Plus the 50 odd quid deposit and first months instalment I'd already paid. Lancaster took almost the full amount of 12 months cover from me. They provided around 6 weeks insurance. But cancel and you pretty much pay for the whole year anyway!

I've used many classic insurance companies over the years but never been penalised so heavily for cancelling my policy.

Flux or RH are much better to deal with.

EDIT: To make things worse I continue to get texts telling me to contact the office urgently to make a payment! I'VE PAID YOU - YOU FOOLS!!

Last edited by karmannghia; 17-01-2016 at 01:26 AM..
karmannghia is offline   Reply With Quote