Volkszone Forum banner

Abracadabra my new Wizard

29K views 131 replies 31 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 · (Edited)
After over a year of looking with my search having to be put on hold because my sensible car died I've just taken delivery of a full fibreglass wizard at a bargain price

In a wild green original gel coat .with some slight cracking around the bonnet handle and the boot lid fastener.More faded looking in real life.T cut and polish should help
Drivers seat needs needs putting in,
Electric washer needs sorting
Started 1st time without any coaxing after charging the battery may still need a new one.
I,ve managed to find a second hand roof that will need a bit of adjustment to fit as it didn't have one.
1600cc recon engine which needs a service,I want to check the brakes though they seem fine.
I want a rear seat for the kids so will have to make one up.
Has anyone any ideas of how to fit rear belts in one of these.There is a healthy mounting point on the side where the body bolts to the chassis but nothing centrally .Could I bolt or weld to the transmition tunnel?

Lots of thanks to all those who have helped me on my quest.Answered my questions and pointed me in the right direction.

See less See more
#111 ·
The navy one is canvas/mohair it has a couple of small holes and needs a good clean up.The white one is vinyl has poppers around the b pillar and so seals up better. It's a shame all the poppers don't exactly align so swapping between isn't so easy. I agree about the window

#113 ·
#118 · (Edited)
Now on the road with full MOT.
Mechanically I replaced all the brake hoses, all new shoes and pads and kerbside slave cylinder. I sold the 009 and went with a SVDA electronic Dissy. New starter motor. New fuel lines and filter. Strangely the previous owner had put a filter in the engine compartment but my old one was still in place in the wheel well.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

I decided on the dark roof but I'll keep the white one as a spare

#130 ·
Sorry it got squished, but looks ace now.

Well done. 🤙