Volkszone Forum banner

Technical service bulletin 64 plate 1.4 diesel polo?

Gearbox 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Goldfeesh 
#1 ·
Afternoon everyone, I've got a polo bluemotion with the 1.4 diesel engine. At idle in neutral there is an awful clattering type noise. A garage have suggested it may be the clutch but when they have tried to get the prices for parts, they were told there is a tsb for the car and VW say it needs around 1400 worth of parts including flywheel, clutch and driveshafts.

Is there any way to see technical service bulletins? What happens if you don't replace everything in line with them? If there are known faults, at what point would a manufacturer be likely to accept some of the liability? I'm guessing never?

I'm in a bit of an awkward position, it'll cost a fortune to fix and the car is probably pretty much worthless and potentially useless without the fix!

#2 ·
Might be worth talking to your local stealer about it.

I had a 1.4tsi beetle, the 1.4 tsi is renowned for Camchain problems and consequently when I took mine in, despite extended warranty the Stealership said my Warranty covered the labour, VW put their hand in their pocket for the rest as it was a known problem.

So the local stealership should be able to advise if it is a known problem and talk to VW about whats covered. Whats the mileage? I take it you havent got extended warranty? if its got under 60k on the clock, it might be one that could be argued, because if its a known problem and its under the manufacturers mileage warranty, age would potentially become irrelevant when it comes to the legal practice of an item being designed to last a reasonable amount of time.

My other half had one of those 1.4tdi's (2015 Skoda Fabia), hers was the 105ps which she traded in about 60k and in those miles the only problem we had was the water pump when it was 2 years old needed replacing. They only replaced it because a problem developed, it wasnt recalled.

#3 ·
58k on it with no extended warranty. I asked them about it and they said the original part isn't available so it needs the conversion. They did say the parts are only 691 from them if i wanted to fit them. Very kind.

Then to top it off, overheated tonight. Suspect it'll be water pump. F**king vw!!!

I don't think I mentioned it's already on its second turbo too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.