VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales - View Single Post - Anyone know anything about pellet burners?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #9
Shamrockez
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Ford View Post
The tanks are like Wombles, underground or overground.

They don't even need to be near the property, I go to one that's about 30m above the roofline of a property, up a hill and some tanks are over 100m away.

An underground one will leave you with a green manhole cover about 700-800mm in diameter. Some put them in the front garden with a plant pot or bird bath on the cover. I've even seen some with decking over them and a trapdoor to access them.

Some are tiny 200/400L, not much bigger than the large bottles. The 1200L and 2000L are the most popular (1400L is an option too).

The bigger the tank, the better it is to get a deal, you don't need to fill them as often, so if you time it right and you've plenty of gas when your contract expires, then there's deals to be struck.. If it's nearing the end of the contract and you're running low, get a part fill. Don't get the autofill (telemetry) option or they'll just turn up, fill it and bill you. Basically, play the system.

The sizes I've posted are the fill limits, the tank's actual size is about 10-15% bigger.
Hmm very interesting, thanks! What kind of cost would it be for an over ground and an underground one respectively? Say 1200l for both.