VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales - View Single Post - The History of Bugnutz 1991-2011, 20 years old! (Picture Heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
runningmonkey
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (2)

A new venue was needed. Not only was it time for a change (as we was no longer welcome at the shuttle) but the pub car park had been sold to Bury council so they could build a multi-storey on it. So in 1995 the club meets where moved to the Sparking Clog in Radcliffe by this time I had just turned 19. The cruise moved too, but not very far. From one McDonalds, to another. This time to the one in Radcliffe. On occasions, the cruise moved on from the various fast foods out lets to other pubs around the Bury area, such as the Roach Bank and Paper mill at Pilsworth and the Swan on Manchester road. The sparking clog days where just as raucous as the flying shuttle days in fact even more so as Thursday night in the clog was also karaoke night! Mix this with a lot of drunken vduber and Thursday nights where slowly becoming the new Saturday night! The club with its party atmosphere had attracted the attention of a lot of students and Thursday night started to become legendary in Bury.

Me aged 19

Stop of before the club his Bug jam 1995

Bug jam 1995

Tatton Park Mid 90ís

No worries beetle bash 1996

Club member Ben and his Baja bug

Benís Baja bug

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1189194
runningmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote