VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales - View Single Post - Introduction - Lancaster Insurance
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2016, 11:38 PM   #13
berti
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

Default AVOID AT ALL COST!!

Now I don't want to sound like a bitter ex customer trying to destroy a company's reputation so I will keep this short.
I took out fully comprehensive insurance on my beloved splitscreen camper with Lancaster Insurance in October and 150 for the year seemed quite reasonable.
I disclosed the value as 20k and asked for the agreed valuation forms.

I filled out the forms and sent them away, they came back a short while later with an agreed value of 25k. I never thought much of this until I received my termination of insurance letter by post and email. I called Lancaster Insurance to find out why this had been sent and they explained they would now like the camper garaged.....As I could not build a garage in the week or so time scale they gave me they said they had no option but to cancel my policy. I asked could I have the original value of 20k and stay with them but they refused. They said a refund would follow .... I waited about a month then rang up they explained I had about 4 something due back but they don't issue refunds so small!! I asked for the break down and they claim due to cancellation charges no refund is due.

So to sum up 150 for 3 months insurance on a camper parked up not being used for winter is NOT value for money. Once more being a committee member of a VW club with over 100 members in the NW
I will ensure I spread the word of Lancaster Insurances excellent customer service.