Volkszone Forum banner

Thanks to all photo comp participants

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Greg McD 
#1 ·
To everyone that has participated in this years weekly photo comp challenges. I think towards the end we ended up with about 3 regular posters.
Do you think we have the audience for a 2019 comp or maybe we just post a comp as and when we feel we have an inspiration or subject?
Or, make it monthly?

#2 ·
I have to apologise i tailed off posting towards the end of the year. Some of the categories just didn’t inspire me and others were difficult using a phone camera !
I’m hoping to get my mojo back and hope to post more regularly if there is a weekly competition next year

#3 ·
It's always good to see lots of entries but I understand there are many reasons for not being able to post one up. Choosing categories is not as straight forward as it seems and is aimed at stretching our creativity and imagination. While I look forward to each challenge and am happy to keep going on a weekly basis, I fear a drop to monthly comps could result in failure to get back (at all) for a timely vote which would be frustrating.
I'll go with the majority decision any way. 😊

#7 ·
I'd like to see the competitions continue...even if it's for my own selfish purposes of looking at great photos! I was very slack at entering last year for various reasons... :(

#9 ·
Unfortunately I'm going through a tough time with my terminally ill mother but if I do get out to some interesting places, I will try and post some pics, if anyone is interested. Not necessarily VW related.

#10 ·
Hello strangers. I so enjoyed the photo competitions on here. Would anyone want to restart them? I think the most time consuming part was always trying to create 12 months worth of subjects for the comp, maybe if we did quarterly instead it would be easier to run? I'd be up for starting :)
Also, if someone could tell me if we're still able to upload images properly in a post, because attachments are utter rubbish :lol:

#11 ·
Hey you. :)

Yes, you can still link using the tags - but the images need to be hosted on a https: site (not just http: )

If you have the time, why not start the thread/competition.

Just do four subjects maybe? September through to December - see how that goes.

Stay safe. :hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.