Volkszone Forum banner

Will these tyres fit T2?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Beetlebank 
#1 ·
Hi,
My late T2 has 15 inch BRM alloys currently on 185/60 tyres which need replacing and I think are a bit low for the gearing. I was wondering if there is space for a 195/70 to fit and if this is a reasonable choice? Any advice most welcome!
Thanks

#3 ·
Loads of room (but dependant on wheel offset and suspension height, obviously). I ran 195/80 for ages but now have 215/75x15 on Mercedes Zosca wheels all round - 6.1/2" front and 7" rear, still with sensible clearances.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply;My tyres are so close to the flanges on the rear arches. The wheels are ET12 I think, which is making the fit so tight. I've asked my bodyshop man if he can flatten the lip a bit.It's been very slightly lowered. Do you think that if the van is carrying more load, the clearance will be even less?

#5 ·
What is your definition of '... so close...'? The rear wheels travel in a very slight inward and upward arc with load so you might get lucky! The front wheels travel very nearly straight up and down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.