Volkszone Forum banner

So...Netflix

67K views 552 replies 74 participants last post by  type3 
#1 ·
We has it. So far I've watched the last two series of Sons of Anarchy and have started to watch Better Call Saul. Any recommendations?

#306 ·
I've been rewatching the first series of Stranger Things but this time the kids are old enough to watch it with me. They're enjoying it! I've also started the third series of Jessica Jones.

#321 ·
The I-Land

It seems to start off on a similar premise to Lost but has a nice twist after a couple of episodes.

The whole series is only 7 x 40 minute episodes long and it 'completes' at the end of the season.

I found it an easy watch, to pass a couple of hours.
If you hadn't have mentioned that I wouldn't have got past the first two episodes - thanks. I'm enjoying it but it's good to know there's seemingly some form of closure at the end of series 1, I'm still a little jaded after Lost I think!

Mindhunter is class. I've finished the first series and I'm a couple of episodes into the second one.
Mindhunter's really good. Season 1 was compelling viewing but season 2 was even better IMO. Hope there's a season 3.

#316 ·
Mindhunter is class. I've finished the first series and I'm a couple of episodes into the second one.

#318 ·
I've started watching the last series of Breaking Bad in anticipation of the follow up film (El Camino) coming out in October on Netflix.

#327 ·
I finished Mindhunter last night and then started watching a Stephen King/Joe Hill film called In The Tall Grass. It's a bit creepy but I got too tired to continue watching. I might finish it next weekend.

#330 ·
I liked El Camino, but agree with others on its shortcomings. Those episodes in Breaking Bad that were slow were brooding, building episodes with some outrageous happening on the way, but I didn't feel that ever really came in El Camino. The most action was at the Welding Company Yard, and that seemed a little predictable.
Continuity was poor too, I know it cant be helped, but Todd went from a skinny kid to a fat man in no time! :lol: (To be fair, when he was in Fargo, I couldn't believe the weight he gained!)

#331 ·
Living with Yourself

A burnt out advertisement exec sees his underling become superior and asks his secret? The underling hands him a business card to a secret facility which enhances all of a persons best qualities, but with a twist.

Dark humour that was an easy watch.

:)

#333 ·
I enjoyed El Camino, because it tied up a lot of loose ends. I don’t see how it could have been much different without having to completely reinvent Jesse as a person. It was good to see him get away “free and clear” in a relatively plausible way. The original series was always “two steps forward, one step back”, with every “win” tempered with an unintended consequence that resulted in things getting further and further out of control. I was glad that Jesse broke that cycle.

7/10 I think, from me.

#334 ·
Dolemite Is My Name

The true story of 'comedian/ entrepreneur' Rudy Ray Moore, a man who has absolute confidence in himself.

Starring, Eddie Murphy, Snoop Dogg, Chris Rock and many more recognisable faces. Heavy use of the f-word, but in context, so we felt acceptable.

A light, enjoyable comedy, with a feel good ending

#335 ·
Just watched 'Tell Me Who I Am' a true story about a pair of twins one of which lost all his memory following a motorcycle accident.

Had no idea where it was heading at the start but ended up quite dark and dare I say upsetting, well worth a watch though.

#337 ·
I watched the first episode of House of Cards last night. Worth sticking with it?

#340 ·
I'm probably about five or six episodes into this now. Really enjoying it :cool:

#343 ·
Evil Genius - the true story of americas most diabolical bank heist

The true story of events in Erie, Pennsylvania, 2003.

A pizza delivery man takes an order out to a customer. He is next seen calmly walking in to a bank with a bomb attached to a collar around his neck & an adapted shotgun designed to look like a walking cane. He has a note demanding $250,000 but due to time locks on the safe he is given less than $10,000. Shortly after he leaves he is apprehended by law enforcement who call the bomb squad.

Unfortunately for Brian Wells, the bomb squad didn't arrive in time.

Shows actual event footage, interviews with those involved with the 'kidnapping' of the pizza man, as well as the difficulties the investigators faced.

#347 ·
Ditto (half way through)

Two of the lads at work thought it was a bit slow, but i am loving the storyline. I am also enjoying seeing how many other actors i recognise-

Katherine narducci- sopranos
Jesse plemons - breaking bad
Bobby cannavale - boadwalk empire
Steven van zandt - sopranos
Etc, etc.

#350 ·
well after completely exhausting good old Netflix over the years there was one last thing i was trying to avoid because of the thumb nail! bloody Liam Neeson!! not another all out action with this old dude again? surely not? so i plucked up the courage to click on "the Next 3 days" and he was in it for 2 minuets ! was the Gladiator himself Russ Crowe... film was okish worth a watch.

#351 ·
Bladerunner 2049 popped up in my list. Saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it, so rewatching it.

It’s quite long so a bit slow paced. It misses the hustle and bustle of the original. Dialog is a bit quiet on a 2 channel system as happens with a lot of modern films.

Good quality though. Looks stunning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.