Volkszone Forum banner

So...Netflix

67K views 552 replies 74 participants last post by  type3 
#1 ·
We has it. So far I've watched the last two series of Sons of Anarchy and have started to watch Better Call Saul. Any recommendations?

#203 ·
I finished the third series of Peaky Blinders. The fourth series isn't up on Netflix yet so I've started watching the new series of Jessica Jones. It's good so far :)

#204 ·
I watched Ricky Gervais' 'Humanity' stand-up earlier on Netflix. It's excellent.

#209 ·
Currently working my way through the second series of Jessica Jones. It's very good.

#210 ·
I'm really enjoying this but I fancied watching something different at the weekend. I had been recommended Deadpool by a friend as we were discussing Marvel films. I'd missed it as I usually go to the cinema with the kids to watch the like of Ironman and Avengers, etc. As this was unsuitable for kids, it passed me by. I found it on Netflix on Saturday and I began to watch it at a very late hour which, considering I was working yesterday, was a bit silly. Anyway, I watched the first half hour or so. Really enjoying it! I'll probably watch the rest of it on Friday night and let you know what I thought :)

#220 ·
On Netflix? How many episodes? I'll probably have to watch the last couple from the previous series to refresh my memory...! :cool:

#229 ·
Punisher is boss. Great entertainment
I finished it at the weekend and now catching up with the second series of Iron Fist. So far, it seems to be better than the first series...which wouldn't be hard TBH.

#228 ·
Game of Thrones isn't on Netflix.
Better Call Saul is on a par with Breaking Bad.
Westworld isn't on Netflix.
House isn't on Netflix.

#233 ·
After catching up with Better Call Saul at the weekend, I watched Marvel's Doctor Strange. It's very enjoyable (and quite 'trippy' at times) :cool:

#237 ·
Watched the latest Better Call Saul last night...it's the end of Jimmy McGill and the beginning of Saul Goodman! 🆒 I then watched a couple more episodes of the second series of Iron Fist. It's way better than the first series but it's been announced that Netflix have cancelled it and it won't return for a third series 😞

#239 ·
I loved the first series, the second series felt like they padded it out by 4 episodes after the success of the first series. Third and fourth series were a bit better, then it tailed off and was very samey to me. Mrs Monster gave up half way through series 5, at which point I was cataloguing my belly button fluff collection when she watched it :lol:

Just watched the first episode of Counterpart, seems really good :)
About a third of the way through this now, it's really good. In a nutshell the UN are hiding a gateway to a parallel universe and the 'other side' have sent a hitman over to our world. You need to pay attention though as the characters from both worlds are played by the same people, but have very different outlooks on life. Really worth a watch :)

#246 ·
Just realised last night that the episode of Better Call Saul that I watched last weekend was the last one of the series 😞
Netflix have cancelled Marvel's Luke Cage 😞
I'm still working my way through Iron Fist and I started the second series of Making a Murderer last night.

#247 ·
thread from the dead....

Anyone else watching "Sex Education"?

Gillian Anderson stars, filmed mostly in South Wales, looks fantastic and a great script.

I'm 5 eps in and really enjoying it, reminds me of "End of the F'ing World" which I also really enjoyed:)

#250 ·
So I'm watching Sex Education and enjoying it however I'm finding some of it odd?

I guess its all intentional but anyway..:)

I'm assuming its set in roundabout current time due to mobile smartphones etc, but all the decor of the houses feels very 70's/80's and all the cars seem very 80's/90's.

Also a few of the houses have a very American look/feel about them?

Anyone else noticed these things?

#251 ·
So I'm watching Sex Education and enjoying it however I'm finding some of it odd?

I guess its all intentional but anyway..:)

I'm assuming its set in roundabout current time due to mobile smartphones etc, but all the decor of the houses feels very 70's/80's and all the cars seem very 80's/90's.

Also a few of the houses have a very American look/feel about them?

Anyone else noticed these things?
Yes, I liked that about it. The same is true of "the end of the f'ing world"

I'm not sure why, but it kind of isolates the story lines and some how makes the focus more on what's happening

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.