Volkszone Forum banner

F1 2019

3K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Chiz999 
#1 ·
So I forced myself to watch the qualifying and ended up surfing the net with it on in the background.

No drama, no spectacle, nothing to hold my interest and the Mercs are at the front of the grid by a huge margin.

Yawn.

After 27 years of never missing a single qualifying or race, I think this will be the season F1 loses me.

:(

#3 ·
Very little overtaking, very little drama and large quantities of money and resource consumed in the process.

I'll admit the fastest lap angle at the end kept my eyes on the screen for about 3 minutes, but the rest was effectively just background commentary whilst I did other stuff.

Th engine noise is still a big factor for me and the lack of overtaking is no better despite all the tweaking and new wings etc.

I'll give it a few more races then likely give up and just maybe catch the odd highlights show if things don't improve.

#5 ·
Actually enjoyed that race, plenty to watch, leclerc is a future champion, plenty mid pack cars similar in pace, mclarens up there, Renault loosing both cars time poor riciardo does he regret his move I wonder, only spoiler was hamiltosser winning by default

#26 ·
It was a great race IMO. Particularly the long running battle between Verstappen and Leclerk.

It's easy to say that Hamilton winning made it boring overall, but the fact is that he (and Mercedes) fully deserved the victory.

History shows that teams like Renault will eventually come good for a few years (and McLaren have improved recently) meaning that although Hamilton may continue to dominate for a while longer, the battle between the rest could become a lot more interesting.

I feel desperately sorry for the team at Williams. It's that embarrassing that its barely discussed in the commentary now! I hope they can figure out what needs to be done for next season quickly, and show some signs of improvement before the end of the season. I think step one has to be retiring Kubica, which is sad I as genuinely hoped he would be able to compete but he's a way off Russell who himself is only a novice. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.