Offering my 1500 Beetle up for sale before the country goes into complete lockdown.
Since there will be fewer buyers right now, I’ve included below only the basic details. I have loads more photos and detailed information – please PM me if you are an interested buyer.
- It’s a 1970 1500 model, so disk brakes up front, long swing axles and taller 4th gear.
- Strong 1500 s/p stock motor, no end float and runs sweetly with the correct OE carb and dizzy setup.
- Bodywork and paint are tidy – wings were repainted last year, and various welding jobs done. Few blemishes here and there, but looks good overall.
- Solid underneath. Floor pans previously replaced, heater channels have been repaired.
- Gearbox and running gear all as they should be. Very slightly lowered with adjustable beam up front (could go a lot lower on thinner tyres).
- Interior is okay – could do with a little tidying up, but its presentable. Has Empi bucket seats fitted up front.
- Electrics all work as they should, except the fuel gauge which is temperamental.
Asking a non-haggleable £5,000, given the current climate.
The car is located in SY8 postcode area, near Ludlow, Shropshire.