Volkszone Forum banner

Inspiration please!

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Brian Burrows 
#1 ·
I've done a couple of pencil drawings in the past of famous rock stars (Angus Young from AC/DC and Lemmy Kilmister from Hawkwind/Motorhead) and I'm looking for some inspiration for my next project. The only specification is that it comes from a black and white photo. So, good people of VZI, could you either fire out some suggestions, or better still, post some photos (preferably with a link to the source photo) please? :cool:

#4 ·
I know kids these days are into this Fortnight game. Game of Thrones is popular. I think anything military will always be popular. The RAF Tornado GR4 is about to be retired on 31 March. Lots of us RAF folk are gutted so anything from RAF Marham (617dambusters sqn??)

#7 ·
Wow, that is quite a tall order, and this is going to take some thinking about - I totally loved that Lemmy picture.

The Mono chrome specification does add an interesting dimension.
In a ‘Charles Manson rather than Elvis’ Kinda way :lol:

I will give it some thought, and get back to this thread :)

#11 ·
Bowie

Hey Greg,

Saw your Lemmy on the social medias and it is EPIC. Amazing work. I dunno what you do as a day job but you're definitely a talented artist.

If you're going pop/rock I guess you need to stick to the main players; Beatles, Stones, Bowie etc. I did see recently that Bowie's long time photographer had released a book of rarely seen, candid snaps so maybe some inspiration there?

Something like this perhaps:

Or this, two for the price of one :D....

#15 ·
It's amazing that she managed to change tattoos and move the mole on her face between the photos...:eek: :D

#13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions...here's another to add to the mix...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.