Volkszone Forum banner

So...Netflix

67K views 552 replies 74 participants last post by  type3 
#1 ·
We has it. So far I've watched the last two series of Sons of Anarchy and have started to watch Better Call Saul. Any recommendations?

#261 ·
I've noticed a couple of times when I've heard that something has been announced and then it's not there. This hasn't so much been for the high profile series releases but for things like 'Jaws' and other films from years ago that I reckon my kids would enjoy.

#265 ·
Now that I've finished Red Dead Redemption 2, I'm back to watching Netflix at the weekend. I'm catching up on the forth series of Peaky Blinders. It's a great show.

#277 ·
Getting stuck in to Lilyhammer at the moment. Almost finished the first series. It's a lot more tongue-in-cheek than The Sopranos but I really enjoy Steve Van Zandt in it.

#282 ·
I started watching Ricky Gervais' After Life last night and ended up watching half the series! (It's only six episodes long and each episode is just under half an hour). It's brilliant! Quite touching in places and laugh out loud funny in other places. I'd recommend it.

Word of warning - his character is dealing with life after the death of his wife from cancer. She appears on his laptop from recordings before she died, giving him instructions on how to get on with things...:(

#283 ·
Me too, and I really don't like Gervais, but ended up watching the whole series and really enjoying(???) it (not sure "enjoy" is the right word)

#287 ·
I finished this at the weekend. Very moving, very sad...and very funny.

#291 ·
Just watched "The Legend of Cocaine Island"

it's very funny, Andy is hilarious, just a quite bizzare treasure hunt story:D

#292 ·
Just started watching Our Planet. Attenborough exclusively on Netflix... who’d have thunk it? Amazingly well shot.

Apollo 13 popped up in the list so watched that. Bit of a classic. :)

Bandersnatch... bit crazy... bit disturbing... might re-watch it for a different experience...

#300 ·
Well I eventually finished Prison Break and am almost finished the second series of Making a Murderer. In between times I watched Black 47...an excellent revenge film based around the time of the potato famine in Ireland.

#304 ·
I watched the film version of Gerald's Game at the weekend. It's an adaption of Stephen King's book. I wasn't a massive fan of the book but I have to say, for a change, the film version stayed fairly true to the story and was actually very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.