Anyone work for Volkswagen? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
dpetteng
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Anyone work for Volkswagen?

So, I have a Volksworld winning square back, a 1959 356b, a 1971 911t and my current project is a porsche flat 6 powered bay...

That being said I need an everyday car. Our previous art have been new Touareg, currently new Tiguan but that is coming to the end of its lease and a while ago I saw mention of an Arteon Estate on the way but nobody at VW will talk to me about it?

So, anyone know if it is actually coming? We need an estate or SUV as we have a dog!

Any advice appreciated
dpetteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpetteng View Post
So, I have a Volksworld winning square back, a 1959 356b, a 1971 911t and my current project is a porsche flat 6 powered bay...

That being said I need an everyday car. Our previous art have been new Touareg, currently new Tiguan but that is coming to the end of its lease and a while ago I saw mention of an Arteon Estate on the way but nobody at VW will talk to me about it?

So, anyone know if it is actually coming? We need an estate or SUV as we have a dog!

Any advice appreciated
I'm not a VW worker but an Arteon Estate sounds interesting I'll watch this space.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
alfie the monster
Help! I'm trapped in here

A quick google suggests it's been banded around for a few years, yet there's no photos of a prototype to be found just some renders from various magazines. I'm guessing it's not going to be any time soon if at all. That and they're still struggling with some compliance issues at the moment for cars and vans, it's probably way down the list of priorities at the moment
alfie the monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
56 ragtop
Seasoned Chat Slut

I think a Passat estate is the closest that you will get. An Arteon estate would be a VERY niche product indeed at a time when many manufacturers are streamlining model ranges.

Passat's are actually very good cars, if a little dull. They do look decent in the R Line trim.

Have you considered a Golf R estate? Understated, well equipped, supremely competent and comfortable ............. and stupidly fast on almost any road in any conditions.
56 ragtop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
Mayo
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (7)

I’ve had a couple of Skoda Superb estates and I can’t recommend them highly enough, SO much car for the money. We have an active family life (camping, surfing trips, football training etc) and it handles it all, then come Monday is great for long motorway business trips.

73 GT - Getting mighty close to rolling again. Whoop.

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=863257
Mayo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #6
dpetteng
Seasoned Chat Slut

Thanks all. I also really like the special edition passat estate they announced in flat grey but nobody at VW wants to talk about that either!
dpetteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread