For Sale 1979 Chevy Blazer 2WD V8 Auto. Rochester, Kent - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
not quite in ghia
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
[quote author="@strikey" source="/post/2511303/thread" timestamp="1560099245"]might the replacement be green?
I personally love Green yes.

Question though.....

Is this green ??

More importantly, how do we get it here from Lithuania?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-El-C...m420143d048:g:

Or is this green 😁

https://youtu.be/RxYrdQjQuNE

So once the Blazer rides off into the sunset..........

Who knows.[/QUOTE]

green as in the off road LTD? that's awesome also love the ford wagon on that episode
not quite in ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #12
Grizz
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Just adding these two random clips.

Blazer still for sale, and more importantly, tyre kicking etc.

One clip of wasting fuel on my drive.

https://youtu.be/8E-Kz9IEays

And this one made this morning when mate Kerry came to drop off some stuff for me.

I had to force him to drive the Blazer (NOT)

https://youtu.be/rGRgA7KsufU

The guy is a gentle driver.
Grizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #13
disasterbus
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

I have to say I think Grizz is underselling this old wagon. His ad makes it sound like it needs a mixture of time / attention / cash but in all honesty, it doesn’t.

I was really surprised when I saw it for the first time in the flesh yesterday, especially after following his build thread for ages.

I was expecting something tatty and worn – a rolling project, but it isn’t that at all.

Bodywork isn’t perfect with a polished mirror finish paint job, but then this isn’t a 20k truck!

What it is, is straight, tidy and very presentable, and not to say a little bit imposing due to the width of the damn thing!
Inside is a really nice place to be. Great driving position, fabulous all round visibility, comfortable and everything actually works – rare for a Yank!
If we ever get a summer then you and a few mates can take the back off for a whole new experience.
When Grizz started her up she fired right up, no nasty noises or leaks and that V8 burble is awesome. That said, when driving it’s pretty civilised and quiet in the cab – engine noise is nice but unobtrusive, road noise is quiet for such a big beast.

In short, this is the sort of motor you need to see in the flesh to properly gauge it.

Yes Rian is a mate, but I’d say this was a good, honest old thing which has had money spent in the right places and I think it’s a lot of bang for your buck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=rGRgA7KsufU
disasterbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread