Originally Posted by mr slug
Not so bad thank you - I started just before Christmas, as the tin work gives me something to do during the winter months.
I followed your advice, that the only things that needed jigging tight were the front axle mount, engine mount and suspension mount.
So I made a subframe from some RSJs
I am very pleased to report that (Thanks to Kank (BDP) lending me a hydraulic ram) I have gotten the bodywork very straight and untwisted.
My latest challenge, having never seen one before, is using an English Wheel to make repair panels.
This is one - the engine cover I finished yesterday . . . . . . .
looks ace, the benefit of restoring military vehicles is that they don't have to be absolutely mm perfect( not saying you cant
), but ive seen what you have to deal with so I think its amazing to get it resembling a vehicle never mind a half decent one