Anyone sucessfully come off anti-depressants? - Page 15 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion > Cool Thread Archive

Cool Thread Archive This archive contains threads that legends are made of. Big threads with controversial subjects, humorous threads . . . and threads with answers to frequently asked questions. Please take five minutes to check it out.

Old 18-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #141
Twon
Mr. VZi 2013 :)

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sweeney View Post
And today endeth the experiment.

Long story short, after a mentally rubbish session in the gym this morning, I got back in the car and burst into tears. Been building up slowly over the last week. I tried to ignore it and tried to fight it, but the clouds have been gathering and today it rained.

If nothing it proves that a) the meds were working a treat, and b) my issues are clinical and not circumstantial.

Had a chat (cry) with my wife and we decided to start the meds again.

It was a worthy experiment that has confirmed certain things.

Onwards and upwards
I think this is the best course of action.

I also think, regarding your other 'issue', speak to your doctor and see if you can change to a different med.

I know you are happy doing your research, so get online and find ones that don't have that side-effect.

p.s. I'd also suggest getting a mobile phone and start building a social life again. We are social animals. No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #142
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Dimond View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a tough time coming off the meds. Have you had another chat with your doctor?

These meds take a while to settle down, both starting and coming off them.
Gonna make an appointment in a mo...

Thing is, the signs were so recognisable - the despair, the hopelessness, the what's the point of anything, the fact that it takes every ounce of you emotional capacity to force yourself to do something so utterly simple, yet the slightest element of resistance brings you down like a card house in a hurricane.

That's how I lived most of my adult life before the meds and I recognised them instantly so I'm confident it wasn't just a blip - they were building day by day to the point I couldn't ignore them any more.

At least I tried.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #143
Jon Dimond
Saddest VZi'er 2018

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:

Thing is, the signs were so recognisable - the despair, the hopelessness, the what's the point of anything, the fact that it takes every ounce of you emotional capacity to force yourself to do something so utterly simple, yet the slightest element of resistance brings you down like a card house in a hurricane.

That's how I lived most of my adult life before the meds and I recognised them instantly so I'm confident it wasn't just a blip - they were building day by day to the point I couldn't ignore them any more.

At least I tried.
When you see your doctor get him to refer you to their mental health gateway worker. Tell them that you think you'll benefit massively from one to one CB therapy. I've just finished my course and I must say that it's helped me massively. You can reprogram your thought processes and deal with the depression and anxiety.

I wish you all the best in your fight. It's a horrible illness, but you can defeat it.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #144
Kackers

Quote:

At least I tried.
I think that you have been super brave and I think that I may just love you a little bit more for it.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #145
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kackers View Post
I may just love you a little bit more for it.
We'll see...

Old 18-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #146
Kackers

Quote:
We'll see...

See, things could always be worse!!!!
Old 18-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #147
nikki_c
I really must get out more

The experiment was a success - it proves that you have insight into your needs and are prepared to accept that sometimes you need the treatment
You now know that you can cope if you feel the time is right to try again
You've also learned you have a certain rural eastern bloc look about you - endless fancy dress ideas there

Don't trust Smulls eyesight anyway - especially when it's dark and girls look like dolls

LC Auto Repair and Services
Mobile Mechanic with over 20 years experience in motor vehicle repair
All makes of car - special interest in classics especially Aircooled VWs
Midlands area - Give them a ring to discuss your needs
01827 720879 / 07817 650744
www.lcautorepair.co.uk
Old 18-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #148
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_c View Post
The experiment was a success - it proves that you have insight into your needs and are prepared to accept that sometimes you need the treatment
You now know that you can cope if you feel the time is right to try again
You've also learned you have a certain rural eastern bloc look about you - endless fancy dress ideas there

Don't trust Smulls eyesight anyway - especially when it's dark and girls look like dolls
Maybe just placebo, but about 1 hour after taking that first pill, the clouds cleared and the sun shone down on my little world.

It's literally like someone taking a blanket and blind fold off you.

Hopefully I've caught it quickly enough that it'll kick back in fast without the 6 weeks it took when I first started.
Old 18-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #149
dragster172

If you think it works, it works whether it's the meds or the placebo effect, the end product is all that matters.

No harm in medication, not many diabetics ditch their insulin after all.
Karmann Colorado
Team Footwear™
Renault 5 GT Turbo
Old 18-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #150
smull
Retired Mr.Vzi

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon View Post
No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_c View Post
IT WAS DARK!!

https://www.facebook.com/fatpugcreative/

Range of Christmas, Birthday & Greetings Cards now available from my eBay store:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/fatpuggre...p2047675.l2562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon View Post
No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happystamps View Post
Not wanting to be a cunt, and I know it's a quote, but...

Barry Island is a peninsula.