PUG the 1303 eBay bug - Page 9 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 15-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #81
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Seats look good in situ Darren. I'd love to have utilised the hump like you have but I just found it a bit high overall, so had to remove the humps which was a pain.

Been up to much else on it? I've come to a grinding holt, I need to the rear quarter sprayed, Christmas cleaned me out I haven't even been in the lockup since before Christmas, I've got the first two weeks in April off so may get my arse in gear. I'm hoping the volksworld show will give me a boost and I want to got to Stonor in it in June so something needs to happen!

I've collected some more parts for the other one, can't wait to start that.
Old 15-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #82
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyhog1 View Post
Seats look good in situ Darren. I'd love to have utilised the hump like you have but I just found it a bit high overall, so had to remove the humps which was a pain.

Been up to much else on it? I've come to a grinding holt, I need to the rear quarter sprayed, Christmas cleaned me out I haven't even been in the lockup since before Christmas, I've got the first two weeks in April off so may get my arse in gear. I'm hoping the volksworld show will give me a boost and I want to got to Stonor in it in June so something needs to happen!

I've collected some more parts for the other one, can't wait to start that.
Iím lucky being quite short
Wanted the option to fit genuine high backs if I find a pair although I have to say the TT seats are the best Iíve had in any vw!
As for progress same really Iíve stripped my garage and taken roof off
going to raise a little and make a little more useable!
Bought a few bits too going one piece windows up front already have glass
Just bought dual lift regulators and a new compressor
Not sure I will fini#h this year now just keeps evolving and causing more work!
skip*rat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #83
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Blimey you now have a multi-storey car park
The dual regulators, does that aid the single glass operation? I had a kit in the 80's, loved the look but they just never went up smoothly, probably more to do with the fact I was 18 and probably bodged it I also smoked at the time and as soon as the colder weather came boy did I miss those quarter lights, especially running J-tubes
You never know, a good summer, a few shows may just be the kick to sure you on and get it done this year!

Old 16-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #84
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyhog1 View Post
Blimey you now have a multi-storey car park
The dual regulators, does that aid the single glass operation? I had a kit in the 80's, loved the look but they just never went up smoothly, probably more to do with the fact I was 18 and probably bodged it I also smoked at the time and as soon as the colder weather came boy did I miss those quarter lights, especially running J-tubes
You never know, a good summer, a few shows may just be the kick to sure you on and get it done this year!
Dual lift hold the glass far better and wider/longer fixings so more adjustable [IMG][/IMG]
Iíve done this on a couple of cars works really well with one piece glass
[IMG][/IMG]
The biggest problem is leading edge at front of door have to leave the felt long so edge of window picks up on it,
Pretty sure I have modified the back support channel to help on the front edge but long time ago
Looked at mk4 golf lifters but was expensive and not as easy to do
Reroofed garage so my t25 fits in there need to paint it at some point
T25 has passed its mot today so one less thing to worry about
And it was my birthday Wednesday so 13-03 shame they didnít make them in 67 would be my perfect car
Old 29-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #85
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Had to put car back together to move it for more building materials
Had a short time to finish passenger seat frame so both seats in now

Also found a little tank online so I can run it while still painting under the fuel tank area

Going to replace the klokenshite bumper mounts with the creative engineering ones as they are far superior in pressing and weight
Old 29-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #86
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

That tanks big enough for a Sunday afternoon drive
Old 13-11-2019, 09:32 PM   #87
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Not touched the car this year due to work on garage /garden but I have been collecting parts all on a budget from auto jumbles and through adds on here
But today I came home with these !!![IMG][/IMG]
Now I'm not sure they are going to fit without some major fettling but they are gorgeous and cost less than a night out with Mrs skiprat !
Bought on Spock only 5 miles down the road feels like Christmas
Old 13-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #88
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Very nice.
What size and et are they?
1911type4bug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #89
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911type4bug View Post
Very nice.
What size and et are they?
Therein lies a problem they are 17" et 23 so I'm not sure on clearance unit l if fully fitted 944 rear suspension and kersher front struts I'm happy to band wings if the wheels work without too many clearance problems they look absolutely stunning so worth a bit of effort and were really really cheap !
If not it's back to the teledials I bought last year !
Reply Post New Thread