Another Scrapyard Rescue thread - this time a 1303 - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #11
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Just a quick update, work hasn't started yet, but I've been busy gathering some parts.
Decided to replace both front quarters. The originals have rotted at the bottoms, and some of the wing captive nuts have sheared off. Plus they have the usual patches.
A new repro front valance is also on order.
A set of unused Day Moulding rear wings cropped up on Ebay, so those were snapped up.

When funds allow, I want to get some Wolfsburg West floor pans and Day Moulding front wings.
This will eventually be my daily driver, so want it done right.
1911type4bug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #12
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Those Wolfsburg West floors are made by Kaferland in Germany and are superb. I have one to go in my 1303 which I will do this month or next. Pan and chassis are now separated, just waiting for the return of my reciprocal saw!
Old 04-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #13
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyhog1 View Post
Those Wolfsburg West floors are made by Kaferland in Germany and are superb. I have one to go in my 1303 which I will do this month or next. Pan and chassis are now separated, just waiting for the return of my reciprocal saw!
Yes, I've heard a lot of good things about WW(Kaferland) floor pans.
Did you buy yours from WW or is there a UK stockist?

Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #14
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

I got it last month from justkampers. They were doing 20% I think it was on Black Friday. I thought about getting both and doing their 0% on over £500, but my drivers side is genuine and other than need a small patch, solid as the day it left the factory.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #15
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Just checked and both custom & commercial and cool air do heavy gauge pans. Iíve had s few correct fit panels from C&C before, dogs danglies.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #16
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Wanted an original clock in the dashboard when the car is finished, so when I saw this early 03 clock for sale decided to buy it.

The advert said it was in good working order, but I'll hook up a 12v battery to test it.
The dash in my car is totally untouched, and in perfect condition, no cracks, no stereo fitted.
So to preserve the original dashboard and to avoid cutting it, could I fit the trim panel from a late cabriolet? That I believe had a clock fitted as standard.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #17
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Finding a cab panel may not be an easy task. You could do what I done. Someone had fitted a tweeter where the clock when and I had a spare clock and wanted to fit it. Use a small drill piece and drill a series of holes all the way around the cut out and cut it with a blade, file the rough edge and the clock slides in, covering up the cut out. You wonít see it. Keep your original panel and buy a second had one to cut.

Just checked and Julian Robinson has a full dash for £40 or the panels for £20. www.partsemporium.co.uk
Old 12-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #18
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyhog1 View Post
Finding a cab panel may not be an easy task. You could do what I done. Someone had fitted a tweeter where the clock when and I had a spare clock and wanted to fit it. Use a small drill piece and drill a series of holes all the way around the cut out and cut it with a blade, file the rough edge and the clock slides in, covering up the cut out. You wonít see it. Keep your original panel and buy a second had one to cut.

Just checked and Julian Robinson has a full dash for £40 or the panels for £20. www.partsemporium.co.uk
Thanks for replying and your advice.
Yes I sent Julian an email a few days ago, but haven't had a reply yet.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #19
Zebedee
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (6)

Is the part of the dash the clock fits in removable or part of the main dash?

Sounds like Julian at partsemporium has got a lot of other important stuff going on at the moment so the VW stuff is rightly so taking a bit of a backseat.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #20
1911type4bug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Is the part of the dash the clock fits in removable or part of the main dash?

Sounds like Julian at partsemporium has got a lot of other important stuff going on at the moment so the VW stuff is rightly so taking a bit of a backseat.
I think part of the dashboard trim is removable, which contains switches and the clock, if fitted.

Yes I noticed this morning on Julians site that he has more important priorities at the moment.
I'm in no rush, I'll just wait for his reply.
Reply Post New Thread