Double-0-3 - Page 11 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

VW Heritage
Reply Post New Thread

Old 18-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #101
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

I take after my Dad in many ways and hoarding is one of them. I've had to be really disciplined in the garage and throw house paint away, kitchen cupboard fitting, fuse wire, all sorts of crap that you keep because 'you never know'. But things I'm glad of are old magazines. I have all the Volksworlds and do look through them from time to time, mainly when I'm looking for something particular(I wish they'd index them But as they don't answer emails anyway, I won't suggest it ) So when my mum was tidying out my dad's stuff after he died he took some of his collection of Safer and VW motoring plus a few others. Mum had already thrown some, good knows what else.
Also in with the mags were price lists from Limited edition, Autocavan, Henley Beetle's and few others, how about todays suppliers do B289 prices for nostalgia's sake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	264859  
Old 18-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #102
fatboyhog1
Double-0-3

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

As I said my dad was a hoarder when it came to VW's. Another thing I'm glad he kept from his first, turns out 52-55 Beetle, was the toolbox. Ive had it years, it has one spanner and the medium screwdriver missing. I bugged the screwdriver in the 80's and got a telling off for that, especially as I painted another one of his screwdrivers and tried to cover up my tracks, but not sure what happened to the spanner. I've never really looked into what year it was or what was missing until last Friday my Hayburner mag turned up, thanks guys btw, and they're was a spread on it.
So I found someone on ebay selling the spanner I'm missing, thats on its way to me, that leaves the hunt for the correct screwdriver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	83.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	264861   Click image for larger version

Name:	82.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	264863   Click image for larger version

Name:	84.jpg
Views:	10