Volkszone Forum banner

LIDL Doom Bar - AVOID

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Duble agent V.W.Ford 
#1 · (Edited)
Sharp's brewery are close to my home and their beers are fantastic. Happy was I to see their bottled Doom Bar on offer in LIDL. I have tasted worse ale in forty years, but I really cannot remember when. Brewed by Molson Coors in Burton-upon-Trent, not by Sharp's in Rock, Cornwall. Avoid like COVID - it's vile! :(

#5 ·
Our local LIDL has an ever-changing array of good ales and you would likely have different selection. Some of their guest canned ales are surprisingly palatable so don't dismiss them out of hand as I used to. They have an excellent chocolate malt stout at the moment called Chokka Blokka and their small can Twisted Knots American IPA is interesting too. I enjoy cider too and their Woodgate made-in-Devon 6.0% scrumpy is fantastic value at £2.69 for four large cans.
Perhaps the best option is to do what I do - try them all! Annoyingly LIDL often omit the brewery, or even country, of origin and the very hardest beer to find is German lager. Ohh the irony...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.