Volkszone Forum banner

New company name suggestions please

13K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  stocksy77 
#1 ·
Yep, I'm now self employed!

So now I need a company name.

First a bit of background. I'm a sole trader restoring vintage and classic cars. I would also be doing other metalshaping projects, custom stuff, maybe even custom motorbikes. I don't really want the name to limit me, ie DC classic car restorations. I also don't want anything, er, twee like Perfection Panels

So bring the ideas on Vzi..... Funny or serious :D

If I choose your idea I will make you something cool and send it to you (UK only lol)

#2 ·
Yep, I'm now self employed!

So now I need a company name.

First a bit of background. I'm a sole trader restoring vintage and classic cars. I would also be doing other metalshaping projects, custom stuff, maybe even custom motorbikes. I don't really want the name to limit me, ie DC classic car restorations. I also don't want anything, er, twee like Perfection Panels

So bring the ideas on Vzi..... Funny or serious :D

If I choose your idea I will make you something cool and send it to you (UK only lol)
DC's Metal Morphing:D

#12 ·
How about - Metallica. :lol:

How about "The Tin Man"?
I like that :lol:

But, \/ BB gets my vote.
Gimmick names and play on words are for hairdressers, and why not - it is a bit of fun.
But serious business needs a 'proper' name.
And, it needs to be your name, and your trade - that's all.

DC Restoration & Fabrication.

:)

#16 ·
Some great suggestions here chaps, keep them coming!
I've almost finished making your "prize"

I'm currently leaning towards Dc66 (restoration and fabrication), but a few have made me laugh - "King of the ding" for instance!
Automotive coachwork DC (or "ACDC" for short has a certain ring to it)

#23 · (Edited)
Whatever it is, make sure it will look cool on a T-Shirt so when you become the next big watch for petrolheads on your YouTube channel, you can flog branded merch! :incheek:

Tongue in cheek, but if I had your skills, it's what I would probably do.:)

#24 ·
DC66. What you do isn’t mass market, so something that can easily be spread on forums and word of mouth is where I’d go. The ‘66’ also adds a bit of vintage/classic to it. As I am vintage 65, I hope a youngster like you can make a name for themselves and be a real success!
All the best, even if you don’t follow my suggestion. Although I think you will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Not anymore. Coding is only really relevant for manufacturing and site work. I don't won't to be dragged back there, I've done my time in that line of work :lol:

I just hope the winner (I have one in mind unless someone else beats it) likes Vintage Aston Martins..... If not he/she won't like the prize........ :D

#28 ·
Just an update...

My current favourite is..... "Cooksey Classics"

Good job my name is cooksey lol

It was my good lady who came up with that one, she doesn't want the prize so it will go to Brad's...
Unless someone else has a better suggestion I think that's the one.

#32 ·
I suppose I should show you the prize.. "Look at what you could have won"

It's a key fob I've made from a piece of an Aston Martin DB2. The piece I chose has the body number stamp in it, along with the original paint. This DB2 has quite a long racing history. They only made around 400 of the DB2 so they are rare and valuable. The customer has 2 of them!
He's also fine with me cutting it up.... That's what he brought it to me for! This bit was part of the front inner wing tub. The rest of it was mostly fibreglass repairs!

I riveted a piece of brass to the back as the aluminium is very soft. The rivets were deliberately haphazard to match the number stamp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.