Volkszone Forum banner

RIP Keith Flint

6K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  dubwise 
#1 ·
Farewell firestarter taken too young, thankls for the memories!

#10 ·
RIP Keith

Today I have been mainly losing weight using the power of Norovirus (not recommended).

Then I awoke to the awful news about Keith Flint; The Prodigy being one of only a few bands to soundtrack my misspent youth.

Today is a most Monday of Mondays then. Alan Partridge certainly has his work cutout tonight.

RIP Keith.

#11 ·
So so sad and so young and a bit like a kick nuts yo loose someone who had such an impact on life and made you feel so alive

RIP Keith, thoughts go out to family and a big Hug to anyone who had the privillage to be at Bug Jam, 92 to I think

#16 ·
I first saw them live in '94 and last saw them live in 2015. Keith Flint was such a good performer. He had so much energy and stage presence. RIP :(

#17 ·
Today's news about Keith has made me very sad ................ and very reflective.

The Prodigy are my favourite band and have been for over 20 years. From first hearing them in my mate Pete's Mk1 Golf GTI at 18 years old to my future wife taking me to The Odyssey in Belfast to see them nearly 20 years later their music has never gotten 'old'.

I have always associated certain things with each other and it just isn't BugJam without hearing The Prodigy blaring across the campsite.

My BugJam regime has always been to arrive at the Pod, find a spot, pitch the tent, light a disposable BBQ, set up a chair, crack open an ice cold Bud and crank up The Fat of The Land. I can't think of a better way to spend a late Friday summers afternoon. BugJam has not officially started until that intoxicating Prodigy sound is swirling around you.

When my best mate was a club DJ travelling around the country in the late 90's i would tag along and he would always play me a Prodigy track, no matter what nightclub we were at, and they always went down a storm. We had some absolutely epic nights.

The soundtrack to some of the greatest times of my life.

R.I.P Keith Flint ................ i hope you can finally find peace.

#18 ·
Such sad news. Like many others the Prodigy were part of my youth and a big part of shaping my musical tastes. To be in the marquee at Pod and hear Charly mixed into Outta Space and everyone going nuts epitomises good times for me.

Bye Keith, you really will be missed.

#19 ·
very sad news to hear about keith :(

the prodigy's music always fitted in perfectly with the time, experience was a great starter from those early days, jilted generation came back with a darker sound to reflect that the summer of love bubble had truly burst, and with the heavy handedness of the government at the time to crack down on illigal raves, it was very much a case of them and us!

i have very fond memories of bugjam 97, the sun was beating down on us, aircooleds still made up the majority of the cars in attendance. walking around the camping areas all you could hear was fat of the land, which had only come out weeks prior, being blasted from what seemed like virtually every car with a sound system! good times :D

#20 ·
..............................i have very fond memories of bugjam 97, the sun was beating down on us, aircooleds still made up the majority of the cars in attendance. walking around the camping areas all you could hear was fat of the land, which had only come out weeks prior, being blasted from what seemed like virtually every car with a sound system! good times :D
I was there and you are quite correct, it was an epic weekend. BugJam, BBQ and The Prodigy will always go hand in hand for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.