Who Still Having To Work ? - Page 5 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 31-03-2020, 10:02 AM   #41
T4Dave
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (2)

Sorry to hear that
T4Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #42
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc66 View Post
I'm not a key worker, but I'm still working. I've been self employed for 10 months so I don't qualify for anything from the govt. If I don't want my house repossessed then I must work.
I drive the 10 minutes to my workshop. I work alone.

I do feel guilty working though, I just don't see a choice.
At the moment I am within the guidelines as I clearly can't work from home. How long before the government ban work for all but key workers? That's when I'll be properly done!
I am getting nothing from the govt, but you can bet your loo roll stash I'll be expected to pay more tax to cover everyone else's hand outs when this is all over!
In reality, if you're working alone and only travelling alone a short distance to and from I can't really see a problem.

I'm still seeing plumbers and electricians going into houses for non essential works, which generally involves them going to a suppliers and then the house and keep repaeting it, this to me is a problem for spreading things and boils me up a bit.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #43
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post

Stay safe David.

In other news - the Big Bang event is now cancelled.
Sorry to hear that Bri
Old 31-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #44
Sol Ford
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76 View Post
In reality, if you're working alone and only travelling alone a short distance to and from I can't really see a problem.

I'm still seeing plumbers and electricians going into houses for non essential works, which generally involves them going to a suppliers and then the house and keep repaeting it, this to me is a problem for spreading things and boils me up a bit.
Probably a faulty thermostat. Call a plumber.
Sol Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #45
tony2011
Chat Slapper

Fresh food logistics here, been zero change for me, just like any other day except last two weeks were insane and now it's deader than ever
tony2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #46
rad123
Seasoned Chat Slut

Education ICT Support. Was a mad week before we all left, sorting out remote devices/laptops etc, now I am WFH so it’s a bit easier. Next week is Easter break.
rad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #47
simondo
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:

Hopefully for the sake of all those in the "social inclusion" business this lockdown will have the desired effect and we can get back to "normal" asap.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #48
simondo
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc66 View Post
I'm not a key worker, but I'm still working. I've been self employed for 10 months so I don't qualify for anything from the govt. If I don't want my house repossessed then I must work.
I drive the 10 minutes to my workshop. I work alone.

I do feel guilty working though, I just don't see a choice.
At the moment I am within the guidelines as I clearly can't work from home. How long before the government ban work for all but key workers? That's when I'll be properly done!
I am getting nothing from the govt, but you can bet your loo roll stash I'll be expected to pay more tax to cover everyone else's hand outs when this is all over!
Same situation as you dc66...
I can almost feel eyes burning into me as I drive my van the 10 minutes to my lock up.
Like I said to someone...I`d quite happily sit at home on 80%..or full pay if I had one of those kind of jobs......I used the phrase "government sponsored 3 week decorataing, gardening, cycling and dog walking initiative"....which they didn`t seem to find amusing...
Old 31-03-2020, 10:57 PM   #49
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McD View Post
Currently still working on paperwork stuff. I'm an engineer for a roads contractor. All the surfacing crews finished up on Friday. I'd say it's only a matter of time before we are furloughed...
Some of the younger, less experienced staff were furloughed today. We're still working away on stuff that we should really have been doing all along but didn't have the time to do it.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:46 AM   #50
2much
Chat Slapper

Quote:

Stay safe David.

Sad news Brian, better and stronger next year hopefully. The amount of shows and non VW festivals being cancelled has affected all of us but really feel for the organisers and promoters like your self.

I really hope that we can all do our bit to get you guys back on track with full support and attendance in 2021 - the current lockdown made me realise that if there is a show on any weekend next year, I should (and hopefully will) be there.
2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread