Getting your hair cut - Page 3 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 29-03-2020, 08:26 AM   #21
Sol Ford
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr slug View Post
You guys are like the blokes we used to laugh at notice in the 80’s, that we’re still wearing their DA’s from the 50’s/60’s

Not at all.

There comes a point when your forehead gets bigger (or the parting gets wider, take your pick) and hairstyles become limited or you look like you're clinging onto your youth. Think of the bloke in the pub with a ponytail that starts behind his ears. Embrace the fact it's going and shave it all off. Women love to rub the stubble.
Sol Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
mr slug

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Ford View Post
Not at all.

There comes a point when your forehead gets bigger (or the parting gets wider, take your pick) and hairstyles become limited or you look like you're clinging onto your youth. Think of the bloke in the pub with a ponytail that starts behind his ears. Embrace the fact it's going and shave it all off. Women love to rub the stubble.
I’ll shave my head - you send the women round
mr slug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #23
RaggedyRacing
Hot shoe

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Not at all.

I did the whole 'product' in your hair thing, wasting Saturday morning at the barbers and just got sick of it. I even had long hair and an undercut as a teenager (leave me alone, it was the 90's )

New year's eve 1999 it all got shaved off because I couldn't get to the barbers before the big party been the same ever since.

Unlike you balding gits mine grows at an alarming rate, so I end up shaving it every 10 days or so. Any longer than that I end up looking like a grey toilet brush. So much for low maintenance!
RaggedyRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #24
Seasoned Chat Slut

Unless I want to start on my comb over I'll have to carry on cutting it to the bone at home every week like I have for the last few years

At least I'll keep looking sharp while all the hipsters start looking unkempt
Old 29-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #25
>DEL<

Trading feedback: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteralz View Post
#mulletchallenge
>DEL< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #26
Sol Ford

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyRacing View Post
I did the whole 'product' in your hair thing, wasting Saturday morning at the barbers and just got sick of it. I even had long hair and an undercut as a teenager (leave me alone, it was the 90's )

New year's eve 1999 it all got shaved off because I couldn't get to the barbers before the big party been the same ever since.

Unlike you balding gits mine grows at an alarming rate, so I end up shaving it every 10 days or so. Any longer than that I end up looking like a grey toilet brush. So much for low maintenance!
Mine still grows, it's just not as luxurious as it was.

I used to have long hair too, it was the 80's and 90's. I even went for dreadlocks!
Sol Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #27
Mr.Orange

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Not at all.

Many years ago, we were having a family gathering in the back garden, and my brother took some photos from his bedroom window. There I was, stood there with my shoulder length hair... and a bald spot on the crown.

After a couple of days getting over the shock, I went to the barbers and got him to do a "no guard, down to the wood" trim. I then bought a Wahl 300 trimmer, which lasted me over 20 years, and I've just bought the same model again from the Wahl shop, which should outlast me.
Mr.Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #28
monsoir-excelenty
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

for me a 0.5 on the sides and a 4.0 on the top every 3 weeks. The missus bought some dog clippers for her Westies yesterday and hasn't done TOO bad a job on them apart from the nicked ear and the blood. Depending how the case of beers goes tonight Its likely i'll be sitting in the chair at some point
monsoir-excelenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 10:24 PM   #29
Big Al

Trading feedback: (7)

I just don't
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #30
sam_cat
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (4)

Amazon had some quiet nice clippers for sale at 12 on the first week of lockdown, grabbed them.
They go for a lot more.

I plan on looking like a tennis ball, better than forest gump.
sam_cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread