Volkszone Forum banner

Worth?? 1973 Stock 1300 Beetle

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nessy 
#1 ·
I'm seeking thoughts on how much my 1973 1300 Beetle might be worth if it was put up for sale. This is a taxation class Historic Vehicle and as such does not require (or currently have) an MOT. It is a stock vehicle and has been in my ownership since early 2005. It can go well but recently has had limited use.
Any questions, advice and valuation suggestions welcome.
Regards
spike

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks a nice wee thing but I can see some tin worm starting to show its face in the unusual hotspots.

With that in mind and bearing in mind the current tough market I’d say £1500 - £1750 Perhaps up to £2k with the relatively rare sunroof.

Cheers,
Andy

#3 ·
Looks like a straight wee car that hasn't been messed with which helps.
Any idea what it is like underneath, ie floor and heater channels etc.
Hard to judge on just those pics but with the lower rear quarter bubbling out could be into the channel. Is interior tidy and original?

If you were going to sell it I'd give it a damn good polish, body and chrome work. Pump up the tyres, put some tyre dressing on them and the running boards too. Even tcut those rust stains. Might seem daft but it'll add £ as it'll look a bit less sorry for itself.

Smull's estimate seems about right, hard to judge though as I'd said, Bug prices seemed to be on the up, but at the minute nothing is really shifting for obvious reasons.

#5 ·
Smull's estimate seems about right, hard to judge though as I'd said, Bug prices seemed to be on the up, but at the minute nothing is really shifting for obvious reasons.
Not that long ago I would've said £2-2500 but I'm starting to see quite a few projects with asking prices that start with a 1 sadly :(

Id take it for an mot.
Even if it fails, it'll give a rough indication of condition.
This ^ is a good idea and even though it doesn't need an MOT it's a bit of peace of mind for a buyer.

#7 ·
Greetings and thanks for your informative and valued comments. Some really interesting suggestions especially on pricing, polishing and MOT. I had someone looking but due to some unexpected expenses on their existing Beetle the trail has gone cool. There are a couple of jobs to tackle on steering wheel horn push and front offside brake cylinder prior to MOT.
If you hear or know of anyone who might be interested please give me a shout. You just never know. Thanks once again and of course any further comments are welcome......spike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.