Volkszone Forum banner

EBAY SCAMS? PLEASE READ!!!

51K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  TRADESIZE 
#1 ·
Because there appears to be a plethora of threads about scam listings on Ebay, we're inviting people to post (below) about anything they've found that looks a bit suss.

Hopefully, those VZi'ers in the know can take a look and if it is iffy, point out why, and then this thread can serve as a warning, until such time as Ebay pulls the listing(s) (please remember to keep reporting these cunts though).

These fuckers really are getting good at what they do, and we don't want anyone falling for these scams.

Thanks in advance and be vigilant ;)

:D :hangloose

#35 ·
Not Ebay but Pre-Loved 67 Scam

I had one around two weeks back, i enquired about a yellow (M or N not too sure) bus for sale on there. All i asked was is it still available. The reply was enough to set sirens off in my head!!

'Hello,
It's still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry about. All necessary documents are available. My current location is Scotland, due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £3,500 delivered at my costs. Are you familiar to eBay? I will list the caravan on eBay Motors for £3,500 buy it now price and I will send you the link of my listing, so you can buy it immediate.
As soon as you will secure the funds to eBay, the delivery willl begin and the caravan will be delivered to you in max. 48 hours.
In case you are not familiar with them, please read their eBay Buyer Protection Program and will see that the transaction is 100% covered up to £50,000. You will receive the caravan with all the documents. As you know, eBay is the best company in online transactions where the distance is a problem. If you are a serious buyer and have the funds available, I will list it on eBay for you, as I have a 100% positive feedback with them.
I'm using eBay to sell it safely, since I'm not able to make the sale in person. You don't have to worry, it will be a safe transaction, since it will covered by eBay Buyer Protection Program. Let me know if you are ready to buy it and I will give you more info.
I'm waiting for your e-mail.
Thank you'

Freaked me out no end, from someone called Molly Ryan (email - molly.ryan@trustingemail.com)

Just so people have a heads up!

#37 ·
ebay scam

This looks too good to be true...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Camper-van-Westfalia-Bay-T2-/272123360038?

...and you know what they say about 'too good to be true'!!

Got in touch with the 'seller' to ask if I could come and take a look.
He replied by SMS asking me to email him....
I emailed him, and he replied with more photos and a 'scan of the V5'.

On close inspection, the address on the V5 appears to have been Photoshopped.

Anyone know who the real owner of this van is?

Leo

#38 ·
This looks too good to be true...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Camper-van-Westfalia-Bay-T2-/272123360038?

...and you know what they say about 'too good to be true'!!

Got in touch with the 'seller' to ask if I could come and take a look.
He replied by SMS asking me to email him....
I emailed him, and he replied with more photos and a 'scan of the V5'.

On close inspection, the address on the V5 appears to have been Photoshopped.

Anyone know who the real owner of this van is?

Leo
looks very much like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...f21906&pid=100009&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=272123360038

#39 ·
Another scam

Hi Guys

Just seen this:

Beetle advertised twice on ebay, same reg etc, by 2 different people one in london, other in ireland. Sent a message through ebay ..message came back can I email them on private email ..yeah right.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-1971-Beetle-/172082021016?hash=item2810e34298:g:Q8kAAOSwKtlWrNob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-VW-1...222016348340?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_

Hope the links come through ok im kak with technology, white beetle advertised at 4100 & 4150. Gutted its a cracker! Reported to ebay.

#40 ·
Hi,

For many years Romanian Gangs have been defrauding people who want to buy VW's and other makes with fake ads, of vehicles that have previously been for sale. They hijack e bay accounts by harvesting the login of an innocent ebayer. They then they post a copy of a previous legitimate add and send a fake paypal invoice to the victim. They victim then thinks they are delaing with a geuine e bay and sends the money via the 'nominated paypal bank account'. This victim has then lost the £5500+ of funds with no vehicle and all communication from the scammers ends. The vehicle never gets delivered and the victim realises they have got scammed.

Currently scammers scam about a million pounds a week, and despite extensive commuication with the police/ebay/paypal/banks none of these organisations do anything about it.

However after about 6 months of trial and error Ive now worked out a way to claim the moneyback! It can take about 30 hours per case to be succesful but is possible.

Some of you will be familier with Buster Jack who busts these scams (get e bay to shut them down), well he and I have been working on a claiming money back method for about 6 months - probably longer and have had good sucess, so if you've been scammed or know anyone who has let me know.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.