What to do/where to go Hanover Germany - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales
 


     
 

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZI REGIONS, HOLIDAYS, TRIPS, NIGHTS OUT > Europe

Europe Campsites, Holidays, Days or Nights Out in mainland Europe

Advertise on Volkszone.com

Reply Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
Danny Lord
People know me
 
Danny Lord's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gillingham Kent/ Shard end Birmingham
Posts: 31,673
Question What to do/where to go Hanover Germany

So at the end of next month I'm heading over to Hanover in Germany for a few days, can anyone recommend any half decent campites, nice places to visit/car museums etc doesn't have to be Hanover itself but anywhere on the way in the Netherlands....Osnabrück etc
__________________
All new Type 3 parts for sale list ......

https://www.facebook.com/danny.lord....=3&pnref=story


Notchback facebook group ....... https://www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/
Danny Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
Brian Burrows
Older


VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In the middle of someone's 'story' . . . mostly
Posts: 125,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Lord View Post
So at the end of next month I'm heading over to Hanover in Germany for a few days, can anyone recommend any half decent campites, nice places to visit/car museums etc doesn't have to be Hanover itself but anywhere on the way in the Netherlands....Osnabrück etc
Talking to a mate who's visited Hanover . . . the Lower Saxony State Museum is a must by all accounts.

Safe travels Danny.
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #3
Brian Burrows
Older


VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In the middle of someone's 'story' . . . mostly
Posts: 125,131
Default

Oh, and apparently the Aviation Museum in Laatzen is very cool if aircraft/engineering appeals to you.

Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 11:47 PM   #4
veltror
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Herts
Posts: 228
Default

I am assuming you are going to the Mai kafertreffen? I go every year, Wolfsburg is a short drive away about 1 hour, with Autostadt etc.

Not sure how much of a detour you want to make, but visit the town of Sorpe, it is nect to the Mohne Dam of Dambusters fame. Standing in the middle of the Dam and seeing where these guys flew in from, in darkness, under fire etc, qualifies then as bad a$$.

Also worth going to the DAF museum in Eindhoven, I was there last year after the Budel VW show, a very nice place to visit.
veltror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
Danny Lord
People know me
 
Danny Lord's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gillingham Kent/ Shard end Birmingham
Posts: 31,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Talking to a mate who's visited Hanover . . . the Lower Saxony State Museum is a must by all accounts.

Safe travels Danny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Oh, and apparently the Aviation Museum in Laatzen is very cool if aircraft/engineering appeals to you.


Thanks Bri I'll have a look on Google


Quote:
Originally Posted by veltror View Post
I am assuming you are going to the Mai kafertreffen? I go every year, Wolfsburg is a short drive away about 1 hour, with Autostadt etc.

Not sure how much of a detour you want to make, but visit the town of Sorpe, it is nect to the Mohne Dam of Dambusters fame. Standing in the middle of the Dam and seeing where these guys flew in from, in darkness, under fire etc, qualifies then as bad a$$.

Also worth going to the DAF museum in Eindhoven, I was there last year after the Budel VW show, a very nice place to visit.

yeah off to mai kafer, I've done the whole Wolfsburg thing a few times, Sorpe looks and sounds good, I may visit, thanks for the info
__________________
All new Type 3 parts for sale list ......

https://www.facebook.com/danny.lord....=3&pnref=story


Notchback facebook group ....... https://www.facebook.com/groups/327056744047848/
Danny Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Disclaimer: For recreational purposes only, some assembly required. Any resemblance to real persons,
living or dead is purely intentional and the site admins are not responsible for direct, indirect,
incidental or consequential ridicule resulting from any defect or failure to perform. No animals
were harmed in the creation of this forum. Colours may fade over time. No other warranty expressed or implied.

volkszone.com

SupportingSupporting Brad's Cancer Foundation

 











 
© Volkszone • Terms and Conditions of use