Sorry when I asked about Yell pages I meant Yell.com - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZi Small Business Forum

VZi Small Business Forum Volkszone has many entrepreneurs, self-employed and those who run their own companies. Please use this forum to ask (and answer) any small business related questions - employment law, tax laws, insurance, marketing, council rates, etc. Please DO NOT use it to tout for business or to plug your own company (please use the Yellow Pages forum for this) - any blatant 'plug' posts will be deleted and the posters may be reprimanded further. This is the ONLY warning you will receive - the idea is to help each others' businesses, not to take advantage - so please play nice.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
356uk
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (4)

Default Sorry when I asked about Yell pages I meant Yell.com

Sorry I asked about is yell pages worth it..

what i meant was is it worth using Yell pages for the on line!!! side of things.

I am being pushed towards having an on line campaign with top 3 listings but i am just not sure that if some one was looking for a product they would just not use Google ( some thing I do, do. ) wouldn't they not then go to yell and then go though all that phaf

but tell me different??

any views.. please
356uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
fazzer
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

ive never used yell.com,always google .if you wanted to be a bit cheeky ring up a few companies on yell and see what response they have.
fazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Sinbad197
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (1)

I used to run and IT company, and my advise would be to avoid yell. The money would be better spent on search engine optimisation. The vast amount of people use google so the nearer to the top you can get your site, the more traffic your site will get. Having said that people may use google, and then find your site within the yell site. Simply put, what site do you use to find things...

or have a read of this..

http://www.seoandy.com/review/yell-c...aste-of-space/

If your interested in getting near the top of the search results, just do a google search for meta tag optimisation, or just general meta tag info...

hope that helps!

My 68 Build
Sinbad197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
356uk
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (4)

Well............

Since I have been saying " NO " to the sales man. He has rung almost every other day. Now we have a new offer of 50% off..

Now for some that's wow jump in!

to me that's OH Sh*& I've been a mugged off the last 10 years!!!!!!!

totaly had the opposite effect I now don't want to advertise in there for sure.

I think your right about re doing my website. I have now made a call to start the ball rolling.. I use a Mr Site Pro to make the site look decent. I know it's not the best but the site is easy to use and it's looking fairly decent. I have PM'd you the web site to see what i mean

I was spending 2k with Yell a year! I know what a mug! but it did generate work as such but alot of it was low budget work.. people with very grand idea's and tin pot money.

I just never got off the ground in terms of turn over.. well I say that i did ok just I have reached a limit where I wasn't able to get further.

Ok now a new one has come to me!!!

Jesus!

OK not only am I getting 50% off and the top slot in the clasifications that I need I now have to make my mind up because the only reason a slot has become available was because a company that had that slot didn't realise that the slot had ended ( contract ) and because he had reserved it for me they where begging to have it back...

Now the problem there is I have been promised it at 50% off

Load of tosh.. he would sell it to the highest buyer
second if they hounded me like they hounded them then they would know 100% when the contract for the year was over..

Nope Yell or Hibu can get stuffed they can't even get their own act togeather changing names.. although they can send that very titty young lady round again from last year very pleasent on the eyes!
356uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread