ADT Alarm battery help - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Engineering Tech

Engineering Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Engineering Issues that don't necessarily fall into Aircooled or Watercooled Tech. Got a problem? Or an engineering question? Even a buildings or property engineering question? Then ask in here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
noms2000
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default ADT Alarm battery help

I have an ADT alarm, had it for around 15 years, never any issues. I'm out of contract with them, so it's 'bells only'.

It's an old Honeywell Galaxy wired system. A couple of days ago, the following message came up on the console: "+BAT MIS 0001".
Having checked online, this means the back up battery needs replacing, which after 15 years, doesn't seem too bad.
Question: Is this something I can do myself? The console is also asking for the Master code, what could that be?

ADT will charge over 200+VAT (plus 90 per hour) for a call out, which I can't really afford. Is it possible to find an engineer that'll do work 'on the side'?

Thanks in advance

Keepin' It Aircooled...

Noms

Last edited by noms2000; 07-10-2019 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: spelling
noms2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
Sol Ford
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (5)

A replacement battery is about 10 and should be a couple of spades on the terminals.

The master code will be something along the lines of 5555 or 0000, a search online will probably bring it up.

I'd have a go myself, it's not like you can make it worse.
Sol Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
slartybartfast
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (3)

Just replace the batteries and again google the codes ,I google codes all the time for work .there all there.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Old 08-10-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
dubwise

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

we've got the same system at work. battery is simple to replace, open up the panel and you'll see the battery model, order a replacement off ebay or similar. as others have said it's just 2 spade connectors.
not sure on the codes as ours is quite specific, do you not have any documentation with it?
dubwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
Sol Ford

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (5)

Once you've found the code, write it on the inside of the control panel or on the battery, then when you come to do it again, you'll know what it is.
Sol Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
Big Al

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (7)

Like Sol says the bat itself is very easy to do. It's stopping the tamper alarm that might be more tricky depending how good your alarm is.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #7
Big Al

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (7)

Oh and ADT are robbing scum imho. Installed us an alarm at work that never worked properly and wanted paying to come fix it! It was switched off on principal and was never used after that.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread