Volkszone Forum banner

The new 125cc Honda Monkey bike

11K views 72 replies 14 participants last post by  GlenAnderson 
#1 ·
After all the rumours the new 125cc Honda Monkey bike has finally arrived in the showrooms.
I made a chance phone call this morning to my nearest dealer and they said they had one sat in the showroom :)

Yippee, off I went and I even left my cup of tea after only one sip :eek: ( that's a first )

So what do I think of it ?

the best "small bike" bit of kit I have seen for a long time, very comfy seat unlike the MSX / Grom.

I should get mine in about 2 to 3 weeks, fingers crossed

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

3 colours available red, black and yellow

I have gone for yellow :)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool! :D

Glad you rate it Ernie.

I've ordered one in yellow too - to go on the rack on the back of my motorhome - the PCX loads up fine but is a bit heavy.

I'd been looking at maybe a Mutt 125 ( https://muttmotorcycles.com/ ) but as I own a few 50cc Honda Monkeybikes and I've always been a fan, I'm hoping this new 125cc Monkeybike will solve the issue. :)

Attachments

#10 ·
I like the Mutt bikes - actually, I like the guys from Mutt, and their bikes. They were at a bike show I was working on earlier in the year. Proper great guys. I'd rather have something completely different, like the MSX or the monkeybike, rather than a full sized retro 125.

Having said that, I have a 1987 Honda CG125 which i'm building into.......yes, you guessed it.........a retro scrambler!

I'm loving the bikes that Kevils are doing at the moment.

https://kevilsspeedshop.com

and I could spend all day browsing www.bikeexif.com

#22 ·
Cool.

I'm still very tempted. I think I'd have to sell a Bantam project if I buy a new Cub, but it would be really nice to have something to potter about on that actually worked and I could rely on.

Still waiting for a final price/spec, but I am on my local dealer's waiting list. :D

#34 ·
Quick update...

I dived into the dealership and collected the bike. It was all a bit rushed as I was parked bumped up the kerb with hazard lights on. A quick inspection - looks like decent build quality (as you might expect from Honda) - I may reanodise the forks on silver - I live with it a whole and see if I can live with the 'gold'.

They had a red bike there too - nice enough, but I prefer the yellow.

I'll report back when I've ridden it around the Pod a bit. :D

Attachments

#35 ·
Quick update...

I dived into the dealership and collected the bike. It was all a bit rushed as I was parked bumped up the kerb with hazard lights on. A quick inspection - looks like decent build quality (as you might expect from Honda) - I may reanodise the forks in silver - I'll live with it a while and see if I can live with the 'gold'.

They had a red bike there too - nice enough, but I prefer the yellow.

I'll report back when I've ridden it around the Pod a bit. :D
:cool:

looking forward to your "report back"

#40 ·
I’d expect the gearchange action to be a little clunky to start with and to improve dramatically with a bit of use. The CG125 I bought new had such a poor change action when I first rode it that I thought it was defective; but it didn’t take long to settle down.

#44 ·
Very very nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.