Volkszone Forum banner

Lego as an investment?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  MotoBene 
#1 ·
I was quite surprised by this>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...ing-lego-delivers-better-returns-stockmarket/

Apart from the VW Beetle Lego set which now goes for silly money if not opened it seems like some other sets are worth money.

But only if Lego stop making them of course.

any thoughts about potential money makers (include the lego site link if you can)?

What about this slightly ropey looking Porker? https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Porsche-911-GT3-RS-42056

I'm thinking the sub-£100 products have a better chance of a healthier increase.

#2 ·
Lego is only worth what someone wants to pay for it like any investment. I have Lego based on what interests me.

The Lego Town Hall is a modular no,longer made, it is now worth (according to eBay) double what I paid for it. The Lego Tumbler hasn't got there even though that too is no longer available.

I'd hold out on the the Porsche, I picked one on Wednesday via John Lewis for £100 less than Lego Store. At that price I don't care what happens to it!

I'd say look out for deals and buy what interests you.

#6 ·
I still have mine from when I was small and the kids played with it too but we kept it all. Some is worth stupid money, the Mono rail we have is £200+, but it was rare when new.
I thought of buying this years Christmas train when in Germany as it was about £60 so a bit cheaper than here I think, but it might go up it might not so I didn't bother.
I must admit I bought a lego train box for the box not the contents as some people will pay a fortune for boxes, I was once at a car boot and bought a train box with about 30% of the bits in it, a couple of the plastic bags were still sealed, it went for about £80 on Ebay and the bloke asked me not to open the bags as he wanted them sealed for his collection and the box for another train he had?
Its all very fickle and might be worth a punt, if it looses money just play with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.