Body Rust blister - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Aircooled Mechanical Tech

Aircooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Aircooled Mechanical Issues. Got a problem? Then ask in here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 18-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #11
callaghan
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Default Vw

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimitar View Post
Paint looks new-ish so how well did you check the rest of the vehicle? With a magnet?

As for the windscreen rust it's hard to say until the screen is out. I've seen on even modern cars there be a massive rust bubble yet it's barely eaten into the metal. Conversely, I've seen a tiny rust bubble hiding a lovely great rust hole. Fingers crossed yours is the former and not latter.

My 59 shell showed no signs of rust but took the screen out and ended up making 5 patches for areas under the rubber that wouldn't be seen ever until you wonder why water is leaking into the footwell from the lower A-pillar.
Car is ďonlyĒ 18 so original i would assume.
callaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #12
skip*rat
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

All thatís already been said
Would add that it looks as though the original bonnet seal strip is still in place and looks very good!
Either someone has gone to a lot of trouble and time tidying it up to capitalise on current value
Or itís very good based on the one picture!
Most of the beetles Iíve had have all corroded in the same place
But Iíve had a few where the rust has been confined (and terrible) to just one area almost as though itís become the sacrificial anode on the car
More pictures Iíve yet to find a solid bug especially in this climate
If it was that good I wouldnít hesitate
skip*rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread