Engine Starter emulsion tubes and air corrector jets - Page 4 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Aircooled Mechanical Tech

Aircooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Aircooled Mechanical Issues. Got a problem? Then ask in here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 18-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #31
Max2thous10
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (2)

haH Zed,

Muddled, nope , lol , not mildly offended as my information comes form a supplier not hearsay on this tuning article from crusty carbs. The only thing i can suggest about Daves carbs is the pistons may be stuck solid from lack of maintenance. I have received idiotic responses on this forum again handing out bad advice in direct info from the supplier on this thread. That is a bit rich lol. Gary is the only one who has made constructive criticism which was helpful.

Can i suggest you do a load test on the spring that holds this piston and work out from this the pressure it is applying on this piston before you make mockery of comments made here. That is if you know how to do this?

Instead of just jumping on the band wagon. If you are so informed about tuning as you seem to profess this I suggest you write an article yourself and show us what is correct.

914 Disk Rotors 130/4 PCD Available fr
om UK stockist Berlyn.Tel: +44 (0)1271 866818 mine are great.

http://martinsswbratrestoration.blogspot.com

Last edited by Max2thous10; 18-05-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Max2thous10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #32
Garyp1100
Chat Slapper

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (1)

Further to my first post here are pictures of a Dellorto from an Alfa and one from CB which has had the choke blocked off. The jetting for both carbs would be the same. The choke/cold start when closed has no bearing on the rest of the jetting irrespective of the RON number of the fuel. As Samba is mostly an American site they would most likely have the type of carb in the first picture which are sold minus the actuating mechanism. Also if Eurocarb are saying it is wrong to remove the mechanism the why are they selling reconditioned carbs with them removed ? https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...reconditioned/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	263811   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0357.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	263813  
Garyp1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #33
Max2thous10

Thanks for the pictures Gary . Your second picture shows the slot which the mechanical choke arm slots into locking it in place. Eurocab have said removal of this and or piston requires their cover plate which stops air getting in not unlike the CB kit which is blocked. I agree your link of the reconditioned carburettor does not show the mechanical choke fitted to the outside of the carb, buthowever on this link here https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dell...reconditioned/ one of eurocarb slides on same link number 4 does not show the piston with the slot in it but a solid brass piece which is not unlike CB Performance version:

Here is a zoomed version of same picture

It also looks like the starter jet and starter emulsion tube has been removed?

Great information Gary.

This is a picture of the bottom of the piston showing the shafts

Last edited by Max2thous10; 19-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: IMAGE DIDNT SHOW UP

Old 19-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #34
Max2thous10

Just in case you wondered these exit under the carb and point out in diagnals into main chaimbers

Old 20-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #35
Max2thous10

Spoke to eurocarb and they are going to send me an email about this which i will share.

Reply Post New Thread