Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 4 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Volkszone Technical Difficulties

Volkszone Technical Difficulties Any issues and concerns with the Volkszone website, please post them here.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 21-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #31
66vwbloke
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

ok so i never received the email...

so i manually sent a request to reset my password and got a reply through, however it would appear to have either created a new default username / profile or awoken a dormant one that i had registered years ago and somehow had linked to the same email address as the username i have been using...

aka 6t6

*Edit - mmm looks like an old profile from way back lol

give us a wave......... ;)

Last edited by 66vwbloke; 21-06-2016 at 05:24 PM..
66vwbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #32
bigbadbugga
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (7)

I'm logged in fine on mac, but my iPad and iPhone won't log in with my new password at all.
bigbadbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #33
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbugga View Post
I'm logged in fine on mac, but my iPad and iPhone won't log in with my new password at all.
Hi mate,

Make sure all your devices are on the same url - eg .com (or .co.uk) logging in on one doesn't log you in on the other.

Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #34
bigbadbugga

Trading feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Hi mate,

Make sure all your devices are on the same url - eg .com (or .co.uk) logging in on one doesn't log you in on the other.

Its ok, my ridiculously over complicated password was remembered in my keychain on the mac.

Not remembered so well by my ageing brain. Looked it up in settings on the mac and I had been typing it wrong on iPad.

bigbadbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbugga View Post
Its ok, my ridiculously over complicated password was remembered in my keychain on the mac.

Not remembered so well by my ageing brain. Looked it up in settings on the mac and I had been typing it wrong on iPad.

Ah! That would do it.

Glad you're sorted.
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #36
mott

Trading feedback: (0)

In this day and age where we have passwords linked to various emails etc.. Is there a way of finding out in general just where we have all these accounts and logins on forums and websites as a collective ?
I must have signed up to hundreds with various different combinations over the years...

Just asking ?

Mott
mott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #37
Twon
Mr. VZi 2013 :)

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mott View Post
In this day and age where we have passwords linked to various emails etc.. Is there a way of finding out in general just where we have all these accounts and logins on forums and websites as a collective ?
I must have signed up to hundreds with various different combinations over the years...

Just asking ?

Mott
As useful as it would be to the user, it is a Data Protection nightmare. Also, would you want a 'policer' website knowing you log into these websites?

www.nevervisittwoninlondon.com
www.wasitsomethingIsaid.org.uk
www.youdontbringmeflowers.fr
www.idonthavemanyfriendsandmissyou.xxx