Volkszone Forum banner

Cei Bach, New Quay

16K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  graysummers 
#1 ·
Anyone ever been?
We've booked up for Whitsun week, just wandering what there is to do around the area, what facitities the camp site has etc etc

#2 ·
not stayed at that park but it a lovely little place, here a pic of the harbour

depending what ya wanna do, there pretty little villages around and about 1/2 drive to aberystwyth,

oh and the cafe on the corner in new quay, think its call mermaid is lovely, we dont normally go anywhere more that once on holiday but went there a couple of times..a few more pics of the area on my flickr page if ya wanna have a look

sorry for babbling but I loved that area!

oh I forgot theres dolphin trips too :)

#7 ·
I havent stayed in any, but it depends what you want...

If you want burgers and bingo, some of the bigger camp sites around New Quay are good. If you want more rural, maybe less facilities but better views there are LOADS of little, privately owned campsites along the A487 (or just off it). This road goes from Fishguard all the way up and past Aberystywth.

Beware there are lots of big static caravan parks around here, and especially around New Quay that do the holiday for a fiver vouchers from the Sun newspaper...

Aberaeron has also hot a BEAUTIFUL harbour and is a must see place.

All of this stuff is within a 5 mile radius so as long as you have a car/van, you will be sorted.

#15 ·
I was in new quay last week, been 20yrs + since i was last there and my memory hadn't painted it in the best if pictures but i was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is and the coastline is stunning. Drove through aberaeron which looked nice too, hoping to do a tour, in me bay, of the south/west wales coastline next year.

#16 ·
Looking at campsites in Wales and picked up this old thread. I live north of Aberystwyth (Machynlleth) and want to take my bus down the Aber to Cardigan to St. Davids/Tenby route. May travel round to Llanelli and surrounding area too. If I stop off at any interesting places I'll post. Won't be soon though as the bus is in final stages of complete restoration. End of Sept/Oct I reckon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.