Volkszone Forum banner

Water / Methonal cooling kits, any good?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sako 
#1 ·
What are folks thoughts on water/methanol injection / cooling kits

Iv got a charge cool set up on my turbo motor at the moment, but its not really cooling the charge as the radiator and pump are to small and Iv been advised to change the system to either an ice box setup or go water/methanol

CB Performance sell W/M kits but I don't know a great deal about how they work and what the results are like. Could anyone running W/M kit give some advice on whats best?

Cheers in advance John

#2 ·
Hi John.

I run a 23" x 6" x 2" chargecooler radiator up front of my bug in the spare wheel well, I have put a scoop to push air up into the well and removed the area behind the cooler which is just in front of the beam. I have enclosed the cooler with aluminium sheet ( removeable ).
I use a bosch pump from a Ford focus MK1 RS, this sits at the back on the frame rail. I also used a water additive called "water wetter", this aids heat transfer.
My inlet temps at most are 20c above ambient even when sitting at speed on the motorway or generally thrashing my bug, running 15psi boost.

I have thought of fitting a meth kit if I couldn't get the temps down, but managed it with fitting the bigger cooler up front. I also prop the bottom of my engine lid open to aid fresh/cool air into the engine bay.

Any questions please ask.

Jon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.