For Sale 1965 Maltese bug - only 56000 miles - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 26-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
bjcopping
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default 1965 Bug (Maltese import (RHD) - 1 owner to 2010) - 56000 miles

A very reluctant sale, and your chance to own an amazing beetle.

I imported this matching numbers Volkswagen from Malta nearly 10 years ago with only 53000 miles on the clock. I've since covered just under 4000 miles of completely trouble free, enjoyable motoring! The car has never let me down, and will always start, even after some long periods of inactivity.

A little on the history...

The car was owned by a local Maltese man (Mr C Bugeja) from 1965 until early 2010, he then sold the car onto a British expat whom I bought it from in the early summer of 2010. So it was practically a 1 owner car before I bought it.

Unfortunately the original service book was lost at some point in the early 80s. However, Mr Bugeja had the service book replaced by Volkswagen in 1984. I have the original letter from Volkswagen regarding this replacement, he'd requested the records for previous services, but as stated in the letter, they were no longer available.

Along with other bits and pieces of paperwork, I have an original letter from Mr Bugeja (March 2010) stating how sorry he was to see 'his baby' go, along with a copy of the original purchase receipt.

Interior seats and door panels are original and in fabulous condition. To do the car justice, the headlining and carpet were re-trimmed by Bernard Newbury before he retired.

The car sits on dropped spindles, original 60s Porsche 356 wheels, Firestone 165s on the rear and Firestone 145s on the front. I've installed a Nardi steering wheel to complete the look.

I have the original front link pins etc, steering wheel and smooth wheels should you wish to return it to stock.

The engine is totally stock, super smooth, quiet and reliable.

The bodywork is solid, and the car has been garaged under my ownership.

The car was MOT'd in January with no advisories.

16k sensible offers considered lots more pics available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6050-1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	521.5 KB
ID:	270403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	539.6 KB
ID:	270405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5706 2.jpg