Volkszone Forum banner

Tarox Brake Kits

6K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Maltese '65 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am currently researching all the viable brake options for my '74 1303 Bug. I know that you can go with the DIY options of Porsche 944/924 stuff, but with the costs of the larger brakes and calipers going up( and it is used parts ) I started looking for alternatives. In this case it's these:

https://www.deikaferservice.com/sho...ented-brake-disc-kit-front-kit-for-brake-drum

They look quite good, large calipers and vented discs, Much cheaper than other large calipers kits( csp and so on). Has anyone got any experience with this kit?

They need to be able to handle a little more power later on, and don't want to go through several brake systems along the way.

I know that these cars don't need that much braking force due to their lightweight , and would need the right front to rear bias to get the best of the brakes.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's why I'm asking, not really sure which way to go, when you consider that the the the car is quite light, even with interior and all the running gear/motor, the kercher looks quite good. And tbh I guess they would be enough as well. More research!

#4 ·
I use Tarox 6 pot calipers on the front. I bought them years and years ago and only fitted them a couple of years ago.

They look swish and perform well. One downside is the brake pads are from an Alfa Arna of all things. The ones supplied didn’t fit (different pin spacing) so had to figure it out.

#6 ·
I have a set on my karmann Ghia, they are on a link pin front end with disc brake dropped spindles, so they are the same as the disc brake bearing area and caliper mount, the B27 calipers I have , have the same offset and mounting bolt spacing as the standard beetle caliper and bolted straight up to the dropped spindles. braking is very good and have a disc brake conversion on the rear, also run a 20.9mm master cylinder.

Attachments

#16 ·
I have Tarox6 on front of bug - 20.6 MC, Kerscher rear disc kit. Plenty of room for caliper fitted behind 15" American Racing D spokes which are quite chunky compared to a more modern rim.
They work well but also look the part - my calipers are matt grey colour so hide away quite well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.