Volkszone Forum banner

The Highlands of Scotland…

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Passion 4 
#1 ·
Places to go, recommendations of things to see, things to avoid… what should be added to the list?

#4 ·
Do you have a specific area in mind that you want to head for...are you looking to stay in one area or travel around a bit.....you on your own or with the family(Mrs n kids) ??

I live in Dufftown, the self proclaimed Whisky capital of the World....which is in Speyside....which is in the North East...

I'm happy to help out with pointers if i can....

Mario

#5 ·
Do you have a specific area in mind that you want to head for...are you looking to stay in one area or travel around a bit.....you on your own or with the family(Mrs n kids) ??

I live in Dufftown, the self proclaimed Whisky capital of the World....which is in Speyside....which is in the North East...

I'm happy to help out with pointers if i can....

Mario
Hi Mario, ideally the two of us are just thinking of travelling around as much as possible, (free) camping in the bus mostly, maybe the occasional night over in a roofed establishment, or if we find an area we like, then to stay there for a few days before moving on? Thinking April/May time of year?

The drive, fresh air, space, views and beaches for me, but a distillery visit would be cool for a novice like me! Any non touristy crafts and knitting related stuff would make a certain other person happy, plus of course good food!

:)

#7 ·
Do you use tripadvisor?

We have been cottage holidaying the last 3 or so years, and when we decide on a area in Scotland , pop it into tripadvisor and see what’s around there to do.

You can basically drive anywhere up past Glasgow and Edinburgh and you are in glorious scenery. Having just moved to Perth, I can’t believe how much there is to see, visit etc almost on your doorstep.

#12 ·
There are a few choices to be made in terms of which west coast islands to try and visit! It seems there is a ferry hopper ticket you can get, but think I need to narrow the choice down a bit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.