Any gas / central heating engineers? - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Engineering Tech

Engineering Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Engineering Issues that don't necessarily fall into Aircooled or Watercooled Tech. Got a problem? Or an engineering question? Even a buildings or property engineering question? Then ask in here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 25-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #11
fly-by-split
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76 View Post
I'm not getting into the rights or wrongs of him coupling the pipe back up but theres not a lot of reason for him to do this task incorrectly assuming he's been around the 'trades' throughout his life
ok cool,then just ask the builder in question if he knows what a manometer is, and how to correctly use one.
fly-by-split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly-by-split View Post
ok cool,then just ask the builder in question if he knows what a manometer is, and how to correctly use one.
Not really quite what I said is it. I suggested that he speak to the builder to see if he could have a gas safe fella out to it.

I'm sure Del will do what he feels is right to do with it.....I'm out on this one.
Old 25-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #13
fly-by-split
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (14)

no,what you said is that assuming he's been around the trades long enough he cant really get it wrong.....

im also going to bow out now before it turns into a full blown rant about poeple messing with things they shouldnt be messing with.

Last edited by fly-by-split; 25-09-2018 at 10:43 PM..
fly-by-split is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #14
Hoosier
I'm not an addict... honest!

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Last edited by Hoosier; 26-09-2018 at 07:02 AM..
Hoosier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #15
Huw DBL
Wannabe Chat Slut

Sounds like some crap got in the pipe when it was cut, you need to check inlet pressure on the fire
Huw DBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #16
>DEL<
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (22)

Gas safe fully qualified plumber heating engineer has been over to do some other work and had a good look and checked all the pipe work. In his opinion it is nothing to do with anything the builder has done and he has tested and checked any joints all the way back as far as he can see.

He reckons that it is something to with the Thermo coupler or some dust / lint has gone down the tube and might need a simple blow out or a little more attention in the form of a service.
>DEL< is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by >DEL< View Post
Gas safe fully qualified plumber heating engineer has been over to do some other work and had a good look and checked all the pipe work. In his opinion it is nothing to do with anything the builder has done and he has tested and checked any joints all the way back as far as he can see.

He reckons that it is something to with the Thermo coupler or some dust / lint has gone down the tube and might need a simple blow out or a little more attention in the form of a service.
No too bad an ending then Del. Pleased you're sorted.