Stick or Twist? Porsche 911 996 considerations - Page 115 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 22-07-2019, 02:42 AM   #1141
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil76 View Post
Finding those selling these cars a bit challenging!

No.1 “it’s worth £15k all day long but it’s a bit rusty so I’ve put it up cheap”. Asked for pics of the rust etc.. get a shot of the wheel arch, call him back, the door strikers are rusty and the sill so looks like it might need a 1/4 or has had one. “Mechanically it’s fine, no problem, but I’ve dropped it from £10.5k to £9.5k and that’s it. 3 weeks later it’s still for sale and still no offers. It’s cheap but it’s a 1998 tip so not that cheap

No.2 “did you buy this from Eporsch as it’s it’ll on their website” no, I bought it from a dealer a couple, of weeks ago as a part ex. Radio doesn’t work and there is some paint needed. It’s cheap at £10k tho. Another 98 tip in doom blue and grey this time. Worth a look but not enough to get me to drive to Cambridge from Swansea for

No.3 5 miles away, 3.6 £11995. Phone, “price is wrong mate it’s £13995, been having loads of calls” ok I’m still interested I need can come over this afternoon. When was it last serviced? “Not sure but it’s fshm car is at our mot centre, might be back Monday or Tuesday but loads of people ringing” ok can you call me when I can view? “Give us a call mate and see if it’s here...” umm well I have cash waiting to spend.... click....
That sounds (reads) like a nightmare.

Good luck Neil.
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #1142
StuF
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Any news Stu?
Car is ready so i'm heading up to Edinburgh this Sat morning to collect!
Ill get some pics up once ive driven it back!
Exciting times

Weekend - 1970 Type 2 EJ25 Powered 5 Speed EarlyBay on BTR's
Fun - Silver Porsche 996 Turbo
Inclement - Silver Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
StuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #1143
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Safe travels. Enjoy!
Old 22-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #1144
StuF
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Safe travels. Enjoy!
Bri - here is a link to the advert if you fancy a look?
Hope its a good as it looks and keep your fingers crossed for decent weather on Sat for my trip back!

https://www.kennydunn.co.uk/used-car...01904207174085

Weekend - 1970 Type 2 EJ25 Powered 5 Speed EarlyBay on BTR's
Fun - Silver Porsche 996 Turbo
Inclement - Silver Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
StuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #1145
neil76
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Stunning

I actually called into no3. As I was passing. Car still not there waiting mot but at least he took my number and said heís call. Apologised for the weekend as had loads of chancers ringing etc.... hopefully Iíll get to see it on Wednesday.
Have also had a helpful pm from someone on this forum who is selling their car soon which I am interested in
neil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #1146
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuF View Post
Bri - here is a link to the advert if you fancy a look?
Hope its a good as it looks and keep your fingers crossed for decent weather on Sat for my trip back!

https://www.kennydunn.co.uk/used-car...01904207174085

If that is as the advert states, it looks like a good one Stu.

Good luck mate.
Old 23-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #1147
alfie the monster
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (0)

Looks lovely Stu

Hopefully you'll find something soon Neil!

My new next door neighbours now thinks I'm mad after I spent 3 days cleaning my car. It really was that filthy and covered in tree sap after being evicted from the garage whilst we did the kitchen and needed the space
alfie the monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #1148
type3

Trading feedback: (10)

type3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #1149
T4Dave
I'm not an addict... honest!

Stunning car Stu!

Mines in for its MOT and service today, it had two new rear tyres fitted yesterday in prep, also had a brake switch as i was getting the odd 'ABS Failure and PSM Failure' dash warnings now and then. I've asked them to go through it with a fine tooth comb as I do a lot of miles and want it to keep going for another hassle free year of daily driving if poss, so it'll be 'interesting' to see what they come back with, I can feel a slight knocking on the nearside front so there may well be some suspension work required.

Fingers crossed for the MOT!
T4Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #1150
type3

Trading feedback: (10)

Good luck!
type3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread