Volksworld 2019 - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Show Scene

Show Scene Organising a Cruise, want to discuss shows, displays and events? In here!

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 27-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #11
HOTRODDICKIE
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

I went, it was the first VW show I attended since I jumped ship to Hot Rods in 1990 when promoters got involved and seemed to turn all the bigger events into drug fueled acid house parties. My 14 year old daughter is showing an interest in Dubs so I took her along. We both enjoyed it I have to say I was very impressed the quality of many of the show cars was mind blowing everyone seemed very friendly venue was good and no issues parking like I expected. Air cooled Prices have gone up a tad in the last 20 years though!
HOTRODDICKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #12
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anth419 View Post

The organisers need to step up a gear if the show is to continue. There seemed a lot less of everything -vehicles on display, trade stands and clubs attending. The mishmash format of the lower hall felt like some of the vehicles had been driven in & dumped at jaunty angles while some were behind rope in the traditional grid style? The west hall featuring the 914's combined with beetle convertibles lacked cohesion, and then the Oettinger convertible was in a different hall, parked next to a beach buggy presumably because they were both orange?

Could an area of the car park be sectioned for a 'show what you brung' display? [Give owners a small discount on the entrance ticket price if necessary to encourage them]. This year, there was a rake of beetles together, a cracking pair of splits, a row of T5 campers, & some golf VR6's scattered around to mention a few. If they were parked near to the vehicles for sale it might create a low cost but high interest 'display'?

Personally, I am interested in looking at newer stuff as well as the old, and would like to see lupos, polos, golfs, sciroccos, etc, given space, there was plenty available both around the winners enclosure and in front of the main stand on the concrete.

The sun was shining for 2019, it might not be so kind for future shows.

All very good points (that I would take on board if I was organising the event.)

Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread