Volkszone Forum banner

So...Netflix

67K views 552 replies 74 participants last post by  type3 
#1 ·
We has it. So far I've watched the last two series of Sons of Anarchy and have started to watch Better Call Saul. Any recommendations?

#5 ·
#8 ·
I like netflix and amazon prime. I turn netflix on and off when i see fit. Orange is the new black has an awful lot of carpet licking on it. The storyline is quite good too.

#35 ·
Just about to start Narcos. My wife has binge watched the first two series of Downton in less than a week. It's not for me.

#15 · (Edited)
To get real value out of your Netflix subscription, it's really worth subscribing to a cheap (or some are free) VPN service. In simple terms (for non-nerds!) it creates a secure connection between your machine and a server in the USA so that Netflix 'sees' you as connecting from America and lets you access the movies and shows available over there.

That way, you get access to a much larger selection of content:

Netflix UK: 3429 movies/shows

Netflix USA: 7169 movies/shows

Some of them are on both, so the total available is 8907 movies/shows :)

It doesn't matter what your address is or where your card is registered, they only look at the IP address you connect from to decide where you are and the VPN connection makes me appear to be connecting from San Clemente, California!

#16 ·
To get real value out of your Netflix subscription, it's really worth subscribing to a cheap VPN service. In simple terms (for non-nerds!) it creates a secure connection between your machine and a server in the USA so that Netflix 'sees' you as connecting from America.

That way, you get access to a much larger selection of content:

Netflix UK: 3429 movies/shows

Netflix USA:7169
I use Unblock US for this purpose, it works nicely.

I back up the previous suggestions, I've also just started watching Jessica Jones which seems pretty good so far.
If you get access to the US version, all 10 seasons of Supernatural are on there...personally I really like it, but I realise it is a bit of a marmite show for some. US also has all X Files and Twin Peaks series if you fancy going a bit retro :)

#27 ·
#34 ·
various people said:
Orange is the new black.
The bridge.
House of cards .
The good wife.
Friday night lights.
The Marvel Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Narcos.
Dexter.
Hell on Wheels
Black Mirror
Daredevil
House
Black Mirror
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Blue Planet
Planet Earth
The Mighty Boosh
Trailer Park Boys
Person of Interest
American Horror Story
Justified
The Good Wife
Orphan Black
Austin to Boston.
That's quite a list of recommendations. Cheers guys :)

#36 ·
I've been watching Once Upon A Time with the kids. Just about to start S5. It's good fun and has twisty plots.

Enjoyied The Returned. Not seen the US remake yet.

I loved Terra Nova - was gutted it wasn't picked up for a second season.

Continuum is great. Need to finish that.

Enjoyed RWBY - although the they butted the episodes together to make 2 films...

About to give that Attack in Titan a go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.